Pastor Has Purity Rings Melted Down Into a Perverted Sculpture

Still_Small_Voice

Controversial pastor Nadia Bolz-Weber — described several years ago by the Washington Post as the "tatted-up, foul-mouthed" leader of "a new, muscular form of liberal Christianity" — has now targeted what's known as the evangelical Christian "purity" culture.

The founding pastor of Denver's progressive House for All Sinners and Saints — part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America — apparently has such contempt for sexual purity that she had a whole bunch of purity rings melted down and turned into a vagina sculpture. She then presented the finished product to iconic left-wing feminist Gloria Steinem with a great big hug at a recent conference.

Bolz-Weber hatched her plan last year as a way to fight back against the "purity" movement in which young girls — mostly in the 1990s and 2000s — were given rings as symbols of their promise to abstain from sexual activity until marriage.

Read more at:  https://www.theblaze.com/news/liberal-feminst-pastor-vagina-sculpture 

Guest MormonGator

To the surprise of no one, she's from the very liberal wing of Lutheranism. This wouldn't fly in the Missouri/Wisconsin synod. Yes, her actions are repulsive. 

When you have no talent and nothing interesting to say, you go for shock value. 

Edited by MormonGator

Matthew 5:21 Inspired Version:  "Whosoever, therefore, shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so to do, he shall in no wise be saved in the kingdom of heaven . . ."

Edited by Still_Small_Voice

Guest MormonGator
7 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Let us be specific.

Celebrating debauchery in children, is what this is.

And, yes; there’s a reason for it.

It's more just some idiot who is doing it to get  rise out of people and for attention. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Just_A_Guy said:

That’s what Harvey Milk’s contemporaries said about him.

Coincidentally (or not), it turns out he was into bedding teenagers, too.

I'm  certainly not defending her. Like I said above, I think she's talentless and repulsive. But she's also (mostly) useless. I'm guessing that oh, 95% of people out there don't know this happened and don't know who she even is. 

On 2/20/2019 at 7:14 PM, MormonGator said:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Late hit on this, but I was mulling this over today and it occurred to me that the while believing the best in people’s motives until we are compelled to do otherwise is often a solid approach to life; the maxim as-given is overbroad and tends to benefit the legitimately evil (who do exist) at the expense of the credulous.  

Bolz-Weber wants people—yes, including children—to fornicate.  She wants to tear down the moral, institutional, and familial barriers that deter fornication, including among youth.  That is fundamentally evil.  The high-minded psychobabble justifying her preferred praxis is less relevant than many of us would like to believe.  

Edited by Just_A_Guy

• 2 weeks later...

I thought about looking up a few scriptural references where we're warned about wolves in sheep's clothing, but here are so many... so very many.

We've been warned about this.  It's a straight-up glorification of the desires of the natural man over the spiritual teachings of the Savoir, by a person claiming to preach His Gospel.  They're usually more subtle than this, but even as blatant as Bolz-Weber is being there are still those who are convinced she's doing right.  

On 3/6/2019 at 8:17 AM, unixknight said:

I thought about looking up a few scriptural references where we're warned about wolves in sheep's clothing, but here are so many... so very many.

We've been warned about this.  It's a straight-up glorification of the desires of the natural man over the spiritual teachings of the Savoir, by a person claiming to preach His Gospel.  They're usually more subtle than this, but even as blatant as Bolz-Weber is being there are still those who are convinced she's doing right.  

Doesn't look like sheep clothing to me.

The Traveler