DennisTate

A webpage dedicated to LDS research on near death experiences.

This is in my opinion one of the most positive webpages by non Latter day Saints about the work of Latter day Saints that I have ever read! I think that this is a major open door to the world for you!

This is an absolutely fascinating article that really impressed me regarding what is taught by some of your members who had a near death experience. 

"Dr. Harold Widdison and Dr. Craig Lundahl's Near-Death Experience

Dr. Harold A. Widdison earned a Bachelors degree in Sociology and a MBA from Brigham Young University. He received his Ph.D. in Medical Sociology in 1979 and taught at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona for thirty-one years before retiring in 2003. Dr. Widdison became interested in the subject of death, grief, and bereavement two months before his marriage when his father suddenly died in a car a accident. He later created and taught one of the first courses on these subjects in a university setting. He also had several family members share their experiences with him one uncle had an NDE (near-death experience) on the operating table and an adopted daughter had a visit from her dead grandfather. Together with Dr. Craig Lundahl, Dr. Widdison documented their research in their classic NDE book entitled, The Eternal Journey. Dr. Craig Lundahl is chairman emeritus of the Department of Social Sciences and emeritus professor at Western New Mexico University. He is one of the pioneer NDE researchers and the author of A Collection of Near-Death Research Readings. Meticulously researched and exhaustively compiled, The Eternal Journey divulges mesmerizing eyewitness descriptions of the hereafter's City of Light, incredible portraits of existence in the ensuing dimension, and enlightening information on angels in this world and the next. Dr. Widdison's latest book, Trailing Clouds of Glory, is the result of seven years of interviewing, researching and collecting of first person accounts. The following is an excerpt of their book The Eternal Journey which deals with the various dimensions of the afterlife."

On 3/21/2019 at 6:18 AM, pwrfrk said:

Oh, ok.  For a minute there I thought it was going to be a website telling about the last time I poked fun at one of my ex-girlfriends cooking.  I think it qualifies.

It certainly is quite inspiring information:

Sometime after the judgment the person is assigned (in many cases this assignment is self-imposed) to a specific place or level in the other world - a place where his or her spirit feels most at ease. Eadie "understood that there are many levels of development, and we always go to that level where we are most comfortable." This observation is supported by Barbara Ross, who "died" while being operated on after an automobile accident.

"My father looked like he had looked the last time I saw him, pretty much in the prime of his life, calm and in control. Grandmother looked harassed and harried, kind of tense. I remember her being that way before she died. I got the feeling that she wasn't at as high a level of spiritual development as my father was. She had come from a different part of the afterworld, from a group of people who were unsettled as she was, less distinct in their appearance, and not as much in control as my father. He was benign and calm, like he had been in life."

On 3/21/2019 at 6:18 AM, pwrfrk said:

Oh, ok.  For a minute there I thought it was going to be a website telling about the last time I poked fun at one of my ex-girlfriends cooking.  I think it qualifies.

IF.... my theory is close to being correct that in the case of a near death experience where there is a genuine Life Review then surely if this person is genuinely recounting what they saw and felt and heard then.........  we may be witnessing an example of.  There is a simplicity in these accounts that has astonishing potential.  

Jhn 16:25

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
Edited by DennisTate
attempt to add comment

In my opinion near death experience accounts seem like an important part of the fulfillment of this promise. "I have said this to you in figures; the hour is coming when I shall no longer speak to you in figures but tell you plainly of the Father." (John 16:25)
wow! A very powerful statement is made after the 27:00 minute mark that mere belief is NOT enough...... we really do need to repent and bring forth fruits worthy of our sincere repentance.