A webpage dedicated to LDS research on near death experiences.

DennisTate

This is in my opinion one of the most positive webpages by non Latter day Saints about the work of Latter day Saints that I have ever read! I think that this is a major open door to the world for you!

This is an absolutely fascinating article that really impressed me regarding what is taught by some of your members who had a near death experience. 

"Dr. Harold Widdison and Dr. Craig Lundahl's Near-Death Experience

Dr. Harold A. Widdison earned a Bachelors degree in Sociology and a MBA from Brigham Young University. He received his Ph.D. in Medical Sociology in 1979 and taught at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona for thirty-one years before retiring in 2003. Dr. Widdison became interested in the subject of death, grief, and bereavement two months before his marriage when his father suddenly died in a car a accident. He later created and taught one of the first courses on these subjects in a university setting. He also had several family members share their experiences with him one uncle had an NDE (near-death experience) on the operating table and an adopted daughter had a visit from her dead grandfather. Together with Dr. Craig Lundahl, Dr. Widdison documented their research in their classic NDE book entitled, The Eternal Journey. Dr. Craig Lundahl is chairman emeritus of the Department of Social Sciences and emeritus professor at Western New Mexico University. He is one of the pioneer NDE researchers and the author of A Collection of Near-Death Research Readings. Meticulously researched and exhaustively compiled, The Eternal Journey divulges mesmerizing eyewitness descriptions of the hereafter's City of Light, incredible portraits of existence in the ensuing dimension, and enlightening information on angels in this world and the next. Dr. Widdison's latest book, Trailing Clouds of Glory, is the result of seven years of interviewing, researching and collecting of first person accounts. The following is an excerpt of their book The Eternal Journey which deals with the various dimensions of the afterlife."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 3/21/2019 at 6:18 AM, pwrfrk said:

Oh, ok.  For a minute there I thought it was going to be a website telling about the last time I poked fun at one of my ex-girlfriends cooking.  I think it qualifies.

It certainly is quite inspiring information:

Sometime after the judgment the person is assigned (in many cases this assignment is self-imposed) to a specific place or level in the other world - a place where his or her spirit feels most at ease. Eadie "understood that there are many levels of development, and we always go to that level where we are most comfortable." This observation is supported by Barbara Ross, who "died" while being operated on after an automobile accident.

"My father looked like he had looked the last time I saw him, pretty much in the prime of his life, calm and in control. Grandmother looked harassed and harried, kind of tense. I remember her being that way before she died. I got the feeling that she wasn't at as high a level of spiritual development as my father was. She had come from a different part of the afterworld, from a group of people who were unsettled as she was, less distinct in their appearance, and not as much in control as my father. He was benign and calm, like he had been in life."

• 1 month later...

Oh, ok.  For a minute there I thought it was going to be a website telling about the last time I poked fun at one of my ex-girlfriends cooking.  I think it qualifies.

IF.... my theory is close to being correct that in the case of a near death experience where there is a genuine Life Review then surely if this person is genuinely recounting what they saw and felt and heard then.........  we may be witnessing an example of.  There is a simplicity in these accounts that has astonishing potential.  

Jhn 16:25

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
Edited by DennisTate
attempt to add comment

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
In my opinion near death experience accounts seem like an important part of the fulfillment of this promise. "I have said this to you in figures; the hour is coming when I shall no longer speak to you in figures but tell you plainly of the Father." (John 16:25)
wow! A very powerful statement is made after the 27:00 minute mark that mere belief is NOT enough...... we really do need to repent and bring forth fruits worthy of our sincere repentance.

• 1 month later...

I am referring to the near-death.com links in my message here that is on another forum:

Latter day Saints and Unified Field Theory of Modern World Problems....

Latter day Saints tend to be the most amazingly well read and well informed denomination of Christianity that I have been in contact with so far.

They also tend to be exceptionally polite and tend to be welcoming to strangers even though welcoming people to your church can causes problems. Latter day Saints know that they tend to be looked down on so....... .somebody must be at least somewhat serious or they would not step inside the door of the local ward of the LDS unless they truly had been impressed by their interactions with Latter day Saints in person or perhaps online.

I am of the belief that the LDS church has reached a Critical Mass that can propel them into a position of astonishing influence and power over world events comparable to the life of the Patriarch Joseph who saved Egypt and many other nations from a seven year famine........

.... or to the lives of the Prophet Daniel and his friends Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah who greatly influenced the Babylonian and Medo -Persian Empires during their times of greatest influence.

Several near death experiencers have explained how Latter day Saints are performing a unique service for the God of Abraham by praying for our ancestors and even getting baptized on behalf of our ancestors.

I believe that the story of the Rechabites of the time of the Prophet Jeremiah in chapter thirty five is relevant to how God views Latter day Saints....... and has plans to use them in huge ways.... much as God decided also to use the Rechabites and their descendants in all generations.

1 The word which came unto Jeremiah from the Lord in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, saying,

2 Go unto the house of the aRechabites, and speak unto them, and bring them into the house of the Lord, into one of the chambers, and give them wine to drink.

3 Then I took Jaazaniah the son of Jeremiah, the son of Habaziniah, and his brethren, and all his sons, and the whole house of the Rechabites;

4 And I brought them into the house of the Lord, into the chamber of the sons of Hanan, the son of Igdaliah, a man of God, which was by the chamber of the princes, which was above the chamber of Maaseiah the son of Shallum, the keeper of the door:

5 And I set before the sons of the house of the Rechabites pots full of wine, and cups, and I said unto them, Drink ye wine.

6 But they said, We will drink no wine: for aJonadab the son of Rechab our father commanded us, saying, Ye shall drink no wine, neither ye, nor your sons for ever:

7 Neither shall ye build house, nor sow seed, nor plant vineyard, nor have any: but all your days ye shall dwell in tents; that ye may live many days in the land where ye be strangers.

8 Thus have we obeyed the voice of Jonadab the son of Rechab our father in all that he hath charged us, to drink no wine all our days, we, our wives, our sons, nor our daughters;

9 Nor to build houses for us to dwell in: neither have we vineyard, nor field, nor seed:

10 But we have dwelt in tents, and have obeyed, and done according to all that Jonadab our father commanded us.

11 But it came to pass, when Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon came up into the land, that we said, Come, and let us go to Jerusalem for fear of the army of the Chaldeans, and for fear of the army of the Syrians: so we dwell at Jerusalem.

12 ¶ Then came the word of the Lord unto Jeremiah, saying,

13 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Go and tell the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, Will ye not receive instruction to hearken to my words? saith the Lord.

14 The words of Jonadab the son of Rechab, that he commanded his sons not to drink wine, are performed; for unto this day they drink none, but obey their father’s commandment: notwithstanding I have spoken unto you, rising early and speaking; but ye hearkened not unto me.

15 I have sent also unto you all my servants the aprophets, rising up early and sending them, saying, bReturn ye now every man from his evil way, and amend your doings, and go not after other gods to serve them, and ye shall dwell in the land which I have given to you and to your fathers: but ye have not inclined your ear, nor hearkened unto me.

16 Because the sons of Jonadab the son of Rechab have performed the commandment of their father, which he commanded them; but this people hath not hearkened unto me:

17 Therefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon Judah and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the evil that I have pronounced against them: because I have spoken unto them, but they have not aheard; and I have called unto them, but they have not answered.

18 ¶ And Jeremiah said unto the house of the Rechabites, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Because ye have obeyed the commandment of Jonadab your father, and kept all his precepts, and done according unto all that he hath commanded you:

19 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for ever.

I feel that time is of the essence..... so I will appreciate your prayers about this idea?

"I FEEL THAT LATTER DAY SAINTS ARE UNIQUELY PREPARED TO PLAY THE ROLE OF AMBASSADORS BETWEEN JEWS, MUSLIMS AND ALL DENOMINATIONS OF CHRISTIANITY.... and also with Atheists and Agnostics and all non- Christian religions as well. Your respect for Isaiah chapter thirty five combined with your acceptance of near death experience accounts by people from all nations and religious backgrounds are some of the reasons why I feel that Mormons can play this critical role in the transition from the kingdom of Satan... as the prince of the power of the air..... .over to the Era of Moshiach the Messiah.. the Millennium to most Christians."

Latter day Saints and Unified Field Theory of Modern World Problems....
http://www.politicalforum.com/index.php?threads%2Flatter-day-saints-and-unified-field-theory-of-modern-world-problems.577118%2F&fbclid=IwAR1mC-dUdvN304pDM896DwnnP3xM7sExYnTKd7QdiU9POVO4xx3Vj6Gybj0#post-1071985803