Falling for a missionary

neil

I'll keep this brief. I am a recent convert and I have fallen for a missionary.  We have kept in touch and written emails and I only email her about church related things. I have never mentioned feelings or dating.  Well  one day she sent me a message that said "I love you".  I said it back to her.  I don't know if she means the loves me in a friendly way.  I guess I'm scared I'm reading into  it wrong.  

15 hours ago, neil said:

I'll keep this brief. I am a recent convert and I have fallen for a missionary.  We have kept in touch and written emails and I only email her about church related things. I have never mentioned feelings or dating.  Well  one day she sent me a message that said "I love you".  I said it back to her.  I don't know if she means the loves me in a friendly way.  I guess I'm scared I'm reading into  it wrong.  

I would keep it friendly for the moment, as she needs to focus on her mission. Once she gets done, by all means feel free to court her, but let her focus on her mission right now. You'll both be blessed if you let her stay focused on Christ.

4 hours ago, Midwest LDS said:

I would keep it friendly for the moment, as she needs to focus on her mission. Once she gets done, by all means feel free to court her, but let her focus on her mission right now. You'll both be blessed if you let her stay focused on Christ.

I am but the 'I love you" thing has thrown me for loop.  I don't know what she means and I can't even ask right now.  

3 hours ago, neil said:

I am but the 'I love you" thing has thrown me for loop.  I don't know what she means and I can't even ask right now.  

I get it brother. I remember how much those words would have affected me back when I was single☺. But just keep it cool, and remember she is there to serve the Lord. If she explains it great, but in the meantime just take a deep breath.  You are doing the right thing by not pursuing it right now. 

Edited by Midwest LDS

22 hours ago, neil said:

Just my opinion.  I betcha she put I love you in all her letters home.

Don't make a big deal out of it.  Especially not in your emails back to her.

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

Just my opinion.  I betcha she put I love you in all her letters home.

Don't make a big deal out of it.  Especially not in your emails back to her.

I guess I wasn't clear.  Thats literally all she wrote in one of her emails. 

Guest MormonGator
10 minutes ago, neil said:

I guess I wasn't clear.  Thats literally all she wrote in one of her emails. 

My brother, you are in my prayers, and so is she.

Like Polonius said to Hamlet, "truly in my youth I suffered much for love, very near this." Many of us have been there before. You are not alone.

Try to remember the big picture. She has a job to do, and needs your support. To paraphrase another famous bard from the UK, "Time is on your side." (I'll always love both Shakespeare and the Rolling Stones) You are both very young and can work on the love thing when she completes her mission. If it's meant to be, you have nothing to worry about. 

Edited by MormonGator

• 2 months later...

Who knows what she meant by it......Girls/women write those types of things but don't always understand the impact it carries with men. 

If I were you I would put it out of my head until she is done with her mission.  If you truly care for her, then wait until she is done.  At that point you can pursue to your hearts content.

Guest Mores
On 2/26/2019 at 6:21 PM, neil said:

I'm going to give you the best possible advice.  I hope and pray that you might truly understand exactly what I mean by it.  I hope and pray further that you will truly take it to heart.

Ready?

You may want to write this down and read it again and again to really fathom the meaning.

Who the heck knows?