The End of Civilizations?

So far on this continent two great civilizations have come to an end in Western New York at or around the Hill Ramah/Cumorah. Why did they both end at the same spot? Is there something spiritually or tactically significant to this location?

What is the chance that our civilization will come to a similar end, near or around this location? Thoughts?

How do you define civilization?  All empires crumble, forms of government change, centers of the geopolitical universe shift.  But people still have babies and propagate the species, and everyone will always draw lines on a map, and fight and redraw them, and fight and redefine what the line means.

2 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

How do you define civilization?  

Organized nations with a specific identity. Yes, there are always survivors, but the Jaradites no longer existed after Ramah as a organized people.

The Nephites were hunted to extinction as a recognized self identified group.

There are multiple ways this could happen to this World Wide civilization, e.g. Modern Babylon.

We do know that all civilizations will fall with the return of Christ.  I believe that there is a chance that some of us alive today will have the privilege of witnessing the greatest fall of civilizations this world will know.

We should know what caused civilizations to fall - it is the rejection of G-d, his influences and protections.

The Traveler

47 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

What is the chance that our civilization will come to a similar end, near or around this location? Thoughts?

Taking lessons from the past and applying them to the present:  The current Empire (or possibly hegemony if you prefer) known as the United States of America has seen it's peak, and is now in it's decades-long decline.  Maybe a century or two remains.  

Of course, perhaps we'll break the always-correct, no-exceptions-to-this-point cycle.  Maybe our emphasis on inalienable rights will prove more enduring, although folks who don't believe so currently own much of the children's public education and just about all of the college education. 

Fall of empire usually takes at least years, usually decades.  I'm sure as it's being studied by future historians, someone will be able to point to Western New York for something.

I absolutely hope Christ comes and puts things right in my lifetime.  But I'm living life in case His timeframe takes a bit longer than I have.

Edited by NeuroTypical