Trying to make sense of something.

Ironhold

Background - 

1. I'm from a military family. The United States military reserves the right to re-assign people from base to base as needed given their rank, job type, and perceived need. I was in kindergarten before we finally ended up in one single town, and it was third grade before we finally stopped moving. 

2. My parents and I have various health and financial issues, such that at the present it's for our mutual benefit to live and work together. 

Over the last few years I've had dreams to where my parents ended up relocating, and so I had to go with because I was not in a state to where I could live alone. In each instance, a big part of the dream was the stress of having to choose what we'd be taking with us and what would have to be left behind. 

Back on Saturday morning, I had another such dream. In the dream, we were obligated to move to Oklahoma; my parents had tried to secure housing in Lawton, but instead we'd be moving to the nearby - and as it turns out, entirely fictional - town of Morrell. Remember what I said above about being from a military family? At one point in time we did indeed live in Lawton while my dad was stationed at Ft. Sill. 

I mulled things over while doing some yard work, and something came to me: back when we first left Lawton, I - being a young child - was desperate to go back. I could only see what I didn't have at where we moved to versus what I'd had back in Oklahoma, and it took my parents reminding me that my few friends had all likely moved away as well before I started to settle down. 

This led me to conclude that these dreams were a way for someone or something to get me to realize that I had to be ready to accept change in my life, no matter how painful, and that change could bring new opportunities. I then sat down, mused over how frustratingly difficult it *would* be to relocate back to the Lawton area from where I am, and laughed the details off. 

Fast-forward to today. The newspaper I'm with is well below Hollywood's radar, and so I don't get any of the freebies or other nice things bigger movie critics get. Instead, I see my movies at the local branch of a Texas-based movie theater chain. When I went to check the website earlier this evening to see if they had the listings up for this weekend, I noted that they were opening a new location.

...In Tulsa. 

Could this be the first sign that perhaps I'm supposed to look into something in Oklahoma? Or is this just a coincidence? I'm fried right now due to a bunch of IRL drama, and I don't exactly have any "quiet" places to begin with. 

Thanks. 

13 hours ago, Ironhold said:

Could this be the first sign that perhaps I'm supposed to look into something in Oklahoma?

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone here could answer that question.  

Edited by Scott

13 hours ago, Ironhold said:

Could this be the first sign that perhaps I'm supposed to look into something in Oklahoma? Or is this just a coincidence? I'm fried right now due to a bunch of IRL drama, and I don't exactly have any "quiet" places to begin with. 

Thanks. 

Work on those... one drama at a time... then you'll have your answer.  

My tip on drama:  Lots of drama can be set aside as "not my problem", "nothing I can do about that", and "doesn't have to be drama".  Take all those out of the backpack you're carrying on your back and things would be that much more manageable.

6 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Work on those... one drama at a time... then you'll have your answer.  

My tip on drama:  Lots of drama can be set aside as "not my problem", "nothing I can do about that", and "doesn't have to be drama".  Take all those out of the backpack you're carrying on your back and things would be that much more manageable.

My car hasn't been working right since right after Christmas when I hit a deep, water-filled pothole. I had a feeling I should avoid that stretch of road, but my dad's work keys were missing and it was all hands on deck trying to retrace his steps; that road was the most direct course between A and B. My dad's the only one who can drive it right now without it stalling out, but because he can get it to run without stalling out he presumes everyone else can. 

I've been through a massive run-around trying to get the final document I need for my taxes (my insurance company and the Exchange are going back and forth as to who should have sent it to me), my hours at work have been cut back, the family desktop spent a week in the shop because the motherboard and power supply finally went after 7 years, the upright freezer went out, one of my brothers is coming down in a few days to make my dad finally sign the paperwork he needs to sign so that he can retire, et cetra. 

1 hour ago, Ironhold said:

My car hasn't been working right since right after Christmas when I hit a deep, water-filled pothole. I had a feeling I should avoid that stretch of road, but my dad's work keys were missing and it was all hands on deck trying to retrace his steps; that road was the most direct course between A and B. My dad's the only one who can drive it right now without it stalling out, but because he can get it to run without stalling out he presumes everyone else can. 

I've been through a massive run-around trying to get the final document I need for my taxes (my insurance company and the Exchange are going back and forth as to who should have sent it to me), my hours at work have been cut back, the family desktop spent a week in the shop because the motherboard and power supply finally went after 7 years, the upright freezer went out, one of my brothers is coming down in a few days to make my dad finally sign the paperwork he needs to sign so that he can retire, et cetra. 

So, this is like a list right?  So the next step is to categorize... which ones you need to put in your backpack, which ones you can just let it be.

After that, then you can work on figuring out what options you have to un-drama the ones in the backpack.

The objective of this exercise is to gain clarity of direction so your mind is not overburdened by “noise” so you’ll have a better idea of what things like a new location means to your direction and be more conducive to spiritual promptings.

Edited by anatess2

Freezer - Spent most of the day waiting for the repair tech to come, and he finally showed up around 4:30 PM... meaning I could have gotten a lot done if I'd have known he'd have been this late. Basically, something took out the thermostat. We had the extended warranty, so it was covered. 

Car - I got it to run, but it stumbles and stutters if it idles too long (like at a traffic light with a long cycle) or I put it in reverse. It may not have too much longer. 

Oklahoma - Got stuck behind *two* vehicles with Oklahoma plates today, once while entering a shopping center and again while leaving it.