12 Awesome Quotes About Women NOT About Motherhood

It is International Women's day! And while we should celebrate the women in our lives every day (and the people we love and appreciate in general), today we are going to be extra appreciative. So today I am sharing some awesome quotes about women that are not about motherhood. All mothers are women, but not all women are mothers (at least in the traditional sense). So here is to all the women! We all have so much in common As humans, we share similar struggles and dreams. As women, we have even more in common. I love hanging out with my husband, but sometimes you just need some time with your girls. We are a sisterhood Moving is hard. But there is something nice about knowing that wherever you move, you will have sisters. I loved meeting the sisters of the Relief Society in every ward I served in on my mission. They were always so kind and helpful to me and my companion. Being a more permanent member of a Relief Society has...

View the full article

"Not all women are mothers" is a terrible statement to make on International Women's Day.  ALL WOMEN  are MOTHERS regardless of whether they birthed a child themselves or not.  It is a tragedy that on International Women's Day, this is the statement an LDS site wants to make instead of using their platform to bring the message to all women that they are not deprived of the privilege of Motherhood just because they couldn't have their own children.

This is VERY disappointing.  It's even more disappointing than Captain Marvel chosen by the MCU as a female icon on International Women's Day.

Edited by anatess2

The article seemed relatively harmless, but by the same token didn't seem to have a lot of redeeming value. Worldly platitudes about the generic "value" of women as females, equally at home in a discussion about the oppressive patriarchy and in a Hallmark greeting card. So not to diss Holly or criticize her article harshly—which for what it tried to be, was good enough—but I'd like to see an LDS-oriented site provide something more substantive. Women are not merely "amazing". Women are women, and that should be recognized as something profound. And yes, motherhood is absolutely an inseparable part of that, whether or not any individual given woman is a mother.