This is why Big Establishment Government needs to be taken down

anatess2

They're important people, Anatess, important people with important things to do. They graciously condescend to make time for the little people, and what do the little people do? Whine that The Important Folks® aren't paying sufficient attention. Like they really need to hear that from the unwashed masses, who are actually being given the privilege of addressing them! I ask you, who are the REAL victims here?

Good old Seattle, Washington.  You have the lords of Washington state and you have the common peasants.  Do these city council members think they are lords of the people of Seattle?  Seeing some of the legislation that has come out of Seattle in recent years this video affirms what information I have read about that place.  Power corrupts.

That would be a hoot. But I can almost guarantee that the three or four most populous counties would respond by ramming through a state law infringing on gun ownership. The eastern 2/3s of the state is at the mercy of King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties.

Eastern Washington state may have no choice in the future except to do the Second Amendment Sanctuaries for their county citizens that are not marked as restricted persons.  It's either that path or go the route of about ten other states like California, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and others.

Edited by Still_Small_Voice

26 minutes ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

Many Washington state counties need to do what counties in Oregon, New Mexico, Colorado and Nevada have done.  A lot of the counties in these mentioned states have declared themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries for their citizens.

I'm in one of those!  Board of county commissioners and the Sheriff's office all on the same page.  If the idiot governor and the idiot blue legislators pass their idiot legislation, not only will we not enforce those laws, we'll also do what we did a few years back, file lawsuits, and recall sitting senators until we turn the whole dang state red.

More background on the story.  He has gone before the council multiple times, though it still is not a large percentage in relation to how many council meetings they have had.

I'd post my source, but it has a deragative in it's title, but it expands on what he has been before them to talk about before.  He wants the bikers on the bike lane in his area to slow down.  He does not mind the bikes or bikers, he just wants them to go slower so that they do not hit pedestrians.  It does not appear to be a common occurrence, but it seems that it actually happens (and that seems strange to me, it does not take a whole lot of skill on a bike to simply NOT HIT someone crossing the bike lane).  It should be a zero occurrence, and it is this reason he has appeared before the council multiple times.

After this video went viral, he was reached out and apologized to by the Mayor Jenny Durkan, and a council member Lorena Gonzalez.  He did not receive apologies from others.  However, the mayor, familiar with his normal concerns, did attempt to get him in contact with the transportation advisor.

Sadly, the way he was treated is NOT unusual in the US today, at least from my anecdotal experiences.  There are some small towns where they still welcome their citizens to talk and comment, but in many places this exercise of freedom to address and discuss government officials has faded.  Instead there is a lack of willingness to listen to their citizens and a desire to shut down discussion that they do not agree with.

It is NOT something that I've seen specifically with Democrats, but it seems to occur regardless of which party holds power in the area.  I think it is more something that arises from the size of population (in otherwords, the larger the population the government is over, the greater the chance they will act rudely) than something specifically dealing with one party or the other.

Edited by JohnsonJones