Our LDS brother Senator Mike Lee invoking Star Wars on the Congress Floor

anatess2

So, I'm using this video published by CNN (which I normally wouldn't do because I don't want to contribute to CNN's view count) because of the way CNN presented the video.  As the image icon and the title would suggest, CNN is trying to use this video to mock Senator Mike Lee.  CNN, of course, doesn't realize that posting this on YouTube in this manner will get them a lot of viewers from the soldiers and innocent victims of the cultural warzone... which means - people who love this stuff!  Senator Orin Hatch's social media team was very intuitive and was able to effectively leverage their social media presence to attract these people who may not even care about the political theater, they just got positive vibes from the manner of delivery.

It seems like Senator Mike Lee's team learned from the Hatch team.  I bet they knew CNN would cover it in this fashion on social media which gives Lee's team double points for this massive Green New Deal troll that is a perfect response to AOC's massive social media presence.

You guys, watch it all the way through.  I promise it won't be a waste of your time.  I mean, c'mon... Reagan with a machine gun and a rocket launcher riding a velociraptor carrying an American Flag... the carbon footprint of Tauntauns as a means of transportation in Alaska... Aquaman's seahorses in Hawaii... ON THE CONGRESS FLOOR.  It is crazy awesome!  :D

P.S.  At 10:50 is where he waxed LDS... ;)  The solution to Climate Change is.... BABIES.

Edited by anatess2

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

So, I'm using this video published by CNN (which I normally wouldn't do because I don't want to contribute to CNN's view count) because of the way CNN presented the video.  As the image icon and the title would suggest, CNN is trying to use this video to mock Senator Mike Lee.  CNN, of course, doesn't realize that posting this on YouTube in this manner will get them a lot of viewers from the soldiers and innocent victims of the cultural warzone... which means - people who love this stuff!  Senator Orin Hatch's social media team was very intuitive and was able to effectively leverage their social media presence to attract these people who may not even care about the political theater, they just got positive vibes from the manner of delivery.

It seems like Senator Mike Lee's team learned from the Hatch team.  I bet they knew CNN would cover it in this fashion on social media which gives Lee's team double points for this massive Green New Deal troll that is a perfect response to AOC's massive social media presence.

You guys, watch it all the way through.  I promise it won't be a waste of your time.  I mean, c'mon... Reagan with a machine gun and a rocket launcher riding a velociraptor carrying an American Flag... the carbon footprint of Tauntauns as a means of transportation in Alaska... Aquaman's seahorses in Hawaii... ON THE CONGRESS FLOOR.  It is crazy awesome!  :D

P.S.  At 10:50 is where he waxed LDS... ;)  The solution to Climate Change is.... BABIES.

I have to admit, homerun for Senator Lee. What an awesome rejection of the Green New Deal. I like him even more now than I did before.

16 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Appropriate picture from the BBC is appropriate.

image.png.7ece39b4592c0fb6feb1fe1294557d43.png

The Tauntaun is not docile enough to use in Alaska, also, it is not cold enough there for the beasts to survive in Alaska. Sheesh, you think he would know this. Also, without a good supply of Wampa, the Tauntaun population would get completely out of control and decimate the environment there. Mike Lee should know these things if he indeed watched the documentary from 1980.

5 hours ago, Traveler said:

I think we should solve the climate change on Jupiter - as an experiment - before we unleash it here on earth.  Test it out first to make sure it works. 

The Traveler

I disagree. I think we ought to escalate to Jupiter. Not only did the environment wipe out the dinosaurs here on Earth, but I'm told it was done as part of a space alliance. Earth's ecosystem has borne the brunt of the punishment, but her accomplice remains at large.

time-for-climate-justice.jpg

Not just climate justice -- exo-climate justice. Space was so hostile to dinosaurs, that not only did it eliminate them -- it left no trace of their specicide! It's not coincidence that we've sentenced Earth climate to the shame of cow flatulence and the unforgiving carbon emissions released by the fallen. We ought to send a diesel-powered space ship to Jupiter laden with a full cargo of methane (Mars will receive a more personal touch when we get there).

never-forget-the-dinosaurs-saving-mamals

12 hours ago, mordorbund said:

I disagree. I think we ought to escalate to Jupiter. Not only did the environment wipe out the dinosaurs here on Earth, but I'm told it was done as part of a space alliance. Earth's ecosystem has borne the brunt of the punishment, but her accomplice remains at large.

Not just climate justice -- exo-climate justice. Space was so hostile to dinosaurs, that not only did it eliminate them -- it left no trace of their specicide! It's not coincidence that we've sentenced Earth climate to the shame of cow flatulence and the unforgiving carbon emissions released by the fallen. We ought to send a diesel-powered space ship to Jupiter laden with a full cargo of methane (Mars will receive a more personal touch when we get there).

You may have missed it with all the hype of earth's global warming but Jupiter's climate is changing drastically perhaps more than any other planet in the solar system.  The storm eye near the planet's equator that has persisted for at least as long as we have had telescopes to realize Jupiter has a storm eye has suddenly began shrinking due to climate change taking place over the past few decades.  The eye has shrunk to about 1/8th its previous size and is projected to completely disappear within the next few years.  Even before the 12 year deadline of life ending on earth as predicted by the Democrats. 

My suggestion to experiment with Jupiter is no joke - Humans have a reputation of screwing up every environment they touch with technology.  Before we make things worse I am making a scientific observation based in scientific fact and strongly suggesting that we ought to for once test out a thesis before destroying the earth's sanctuary for life - It may be the only place in the universe where life as we know it can naturally exist.  It certainly is the only place in our solar system where intelligent life can evolve and there is not trace of any other place within like 100 light years.  We literally have no where else to go if we screw it up here with only 12 years left.

The Traveler

'tis true.  Surely humans can mount some sort of cripplingly expensive "Keep the red spot from going extinct" campaign that will almost bankrupt the planet.  It seems reasonable that we don't tinker with our own planet until we can demonstrate proficiency doing stuff like this somewhere else. 

Edited by NeuroTypical

5 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

'tis true.  Surely humans can mount some sort of cripplingly expensive "Keep the red spot from going extinct" campaign that will almost bankrupt the planet.  It seems reasonable that we don't tinker with our own planet until we can demonstrate proficiency doing stuff like this somewhere else. 

That eye can grow or shrink all it wants, but the moment it winks in this direction we'll have ourselves a second asteroid belt.