11 Missionary Stories That Are Way Funnier Than They Should Be

It's no secret that missions are a time of intense spirituality — after all, you're immersed in the scriptures basically 24/7, and I do mean that literally because eventually you even dream about doing missionary work — but fun fact: missions are also really, REALLY hilarious. Seriously. Take this story from my own mission, for example: I served my mission in Denver, and my last area covered Denver and some of Original Aurora — and, like in any big city, there were some colorful characters there. One of my absolute favorite people in that area was an old man named *Clyde (name changed) who was originally from the deep South and had the thickest Cajun accent you've ever heard. He'd recently been baptized and had a fierce love for Christ. One day, during our Sunday School lesson, our teacher — a really reserved, quiet man — was teaching a lesson on the keys of the priesthood. Clyde, somewhat exasperated, shouts out, "What about the keys of life?" Totally taken aback, our...

View the full article