Intro to GapperJ

GapperJ

Hello, 

I'll go by GapperJ on the board. I am a convert to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints at the age of 18.  In May it will be 36 years since I entered the waters of baptism.  I served mission from 1985 to 1987 in the southern United States and married my wife of almost 31 years in the Logan Temple in June of 1988.  We have adult children now in their mid 20's, our only son served a mission to the Rome, Italy Mission and has been home as of last week for 4 years.  My wife and serve in one of the Temples near us every Saturday and are currently assigned to work in the baptistery as coordinators there. My wife and children and I have done over 747 of my ancestor names in the Temple, completing all of their ordinance work. We have 1187 in system currently, 754 in the Temple System and another 252 printed and in some process of having their ordinances done in the Temple. The rest remain non-printed.  My wife and I have held a large variety of callings from leadership to teacher to well, lots.  I understand what it means to be less active, we went down the road for 2 1/2 years before waking up luckily about 15 years ago. I have a firm conviction of our Savior, of our Heavenly Father and the truthfulness of the Gospel and of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.