How many of you would....

pwrfrk

come to my baptism, if all the paperwork goes through?

Long story for another time on how or why, but yes a rebaptism is required.  Years ago I removed myself and a few years later decided to return.  So far I'd say since 2004.  Again, long story for another time.  I spoke with the Stake President about this and he is supportive.  I have a few things to do on my end, and there is no time frame yet.

But with that said, if everything goes through, how many of you would accept an invite to my baptism?  Or would inviting be a waste of time and resources?

Edited by pwrfrk

I suppose it depends on when it was and where it was.  It's hard for me to get away, and though it would be great cause of celebration, my vacation is normally saved to be spent with family who I do not get to see all that often.

Please do not let that discourage you though, as even if we cannot be there we would be happy for your step forward and onwards.

2 hours ago, pwrfrk said:

come to my baptism, if all the paperwork goes through?

Long story for another time on how or why, but yes a rebaptism is required.  Years ago I removed myself and a few years later decided to return.  So far I'd say since 2004.  Again, long story for another time.  I spoke with the Stake President about this and he is supportive.  I have a few things to do on my end, and there is no time frame yet.

But with that said, if everything goes through, how many of you would accept an invite to my baptism?  Or would inviting be a waste of time and resources?

Such an invitation would never be a waste.  Even if people are unable to attend, it's nice to feel valued enough to receive an invitation.

My answer, like the others, is that it depends on distance...

Though attending the baptism of one of the forum members would be an awesome meet-up.

Edited by unixknight