Unique Temples from Around the World

Conference is coming up, so you know what that means? New temple announcements!! Personally, that is always one of my favorite parts of general conference. But what do you know about some of our current temples? There are 162 dedicated temples with more on the way. And if you have ever looked through the images of temples online or on lds.org (excuse me, ChurchofJesusChrist.org), then you know that there are some very unique looking temples. So here is my list of some of the most unique looking temples in the world! I have organized them into different categories, though some fall into multiple ones. But, it is up to you to decide which is the most unique! Disclaimer: I know nothing about architecture, so I will be saying nothing about that besides very obvious details. Temples with Detached Spires We are used to temples having spires. Most of our buildings have spires. But there are some temples that have a detached spire (I guess you could call it a tower or obelisk?) and...

View the full article