Favorite April 2019 Conference Moments?

25 minutes ago, carlimac said:

The whole of Sat am and pm sessions. Just really good gospel basics without any jarring changes sprung on us. Sigh of relief!! I suppose that might change tomorrow.

Yeah, Nelson may have just been waiting until after the Sabbath to admit he's been Jewish all along.

I mean, have you ever actually seen him eat a cheeseburger?

"Brethren, your first and foremost duty as a bearer of the priesthood is to love and care for your wife. Become one with her, be her partner, make it easy for her to want to be yours. No other interest in life should take priority over building an Eternal relationship with her. 
Nothing on TV, a mobile device or a computer is more important than her well being. Take an inventory or how you spend your time and where you devote your energy. That will tell you where your heart is. Pray to have your heart attuned to your wife's heart. Seek to bring her joy, seek her counsel and listen. Her input will improve your output.
If you have a need to repent because of the way you have treated the women closest to you, begin now. And remember that it is your responsibility to help the women in your life receive the blessings that derive from living the Lord's law of chastity. Never be the reason that a woman is unable to receive her Temple blessings.
Brethren we all need to repent, we need to get up off the couch, put down the remote and wake up from our spiritual slumber. Its time to put on the full armor of God so we can engage in the most important work on Earth." -President Russell M. Nelson

Brethren, stop with the stupid brackets. ;)

Edited by Emmanuel Goldstein

The prophet lovingly telling us that time is running out and to repent and draw closer to Christ now. I felt a special dose of the Holy Spirit when he said that abd felt a renewed desire to make sure my family and I are ready for the Second Coming, no matter what sode of the veil I'm on when it happens.

Edited by Midwest LDS

3 minutes ago, Vort said:

Not my favorite moment, but unfortunately a necessary moment: The prophet feels the need to instruct the membership of the Church not to cheer temple announcements as if they're in the bleachers at a football game.

To be fair, the sons of God shouted for joy when the foundations of the earth were laid. Likewise, the hymn says that we'll sing and we'll shout with the armies of heaven to God and the Lamb. 

General Conference is apparently not the place to do so, however. 

The thing that stood out to me the most was that the work of gathering Israel is hastening as the time of the Second Coming is drawing close(r?). 

33 minutes ago, Vort said:

Not my favorite moment, but unfortunately a necessary moment: The prophet feels the need to instruct the membership of the Church not to cheer temple announcements as if they're in the bleachers at a football game.

And 3 seconds later my wife literally screamed at 2 of them.

40 minutes ago, Midwest LDS said:

The prophet lovingly telling us that time is running out and to repent and draw closer to Christ now. I felt a special dose of the Holy Spirit when he said that abd felt a renewed desire to make sure my family and I are ready for the Second Coming, no matter what sode of the veil I'm on when it happens.

I wish I could do that but because of agency, at least one of my family has chosen to not be there. A couple others are fence sitters. I can bear testimony, but I can’t “make sure” of anyone’s readiness but my own. And that is a pretty big project itself at the moment.

2 minutes ago, carlimac said:

I wish I could do that but because of agency, at least one of my family has chosen to not be there. A couple others are fence sitters. I can bear testimony, but I can’t “make sure” of anyone’s readiness but my own. And that is a pretty big project itself at the moment.

I'm sorry you have faith struggles in your family (I have been there and feel your pain). But you can still work on yourself and pray for a softening of heart in those who are uninterested at the moment. You never know when someone may change. One of the Seventy talked about a brother who changed right before he passed on and received the Melchizedek Priesthood 5 hours before he passed away.

29 minutes ago, carlimac said:

You just keep trying, however that best looks in your own family.  My grandmother returned to church for her last decade in life after a 60 year absence.

1 hour ago, Colirio said:

To be fair, the sons of God shouted for joy when the foundations of the earth were laid. Likewise, the hymn says that we'll sing and we'll shout with the armies of heaven to God and the Lamb. 

General Conference is apparently not the place to do so, however. 

The thing that stood out to me the most was that the work of gathering Israel is hastening as the time of the Second Coming is drawing close(r?). 

Yes, and I don’t know that the Hosanna Shout was intended to be done as a mournful chant, as seems to be the prevailing practice today.  :( 

3 hours ago, Vort said:

My wife and I were pleased to see that at least at the conference centre it sounded like the request was respected. I believe that would have meant a lot to President Nelson. I would have really feared for the membership of the church if a simple and direct request could not be honoured.