Want some Mores?

Guest Mores

Guest Mores

I figure I'd better get around to introducing myself.  I joined the site just a few weeks ago after lurking for quite a while.  I liked the balance of some solid faithful members with just enough differing opinions to make things interesting.

I'm making it a policy to be fairly private about myself online.  So I won't say much other than I'm an active Latter-day Saint who tries his best, but falls short more often than not. 

Notwithstanding my boorish nature, I can come off as pretty arrogant.  Well, that's not just an impression.  I actually am pretty arrogant.  So, my apologies ahead of time.

I'm married with kids.  And I practically worship my wife.

Guest Mores
3 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

O tempora!  O mores!

Let Lucius quake in his grave! Brave Cicero reveals himself.

Edited by Mores

Guest Mores
11 hours ago, Vort said:

FTR, that's "KEE-keh-roh".

Great.  One of the greatest orators in history violates Latin spelling conventions with his own name.  I'd have opted for a name change.

17 hours ago, Mores said:

I figure I'd better get around to introducing myself.  I joined the site just a few weeks ago after lurking for quite a while.  I liked the balance of some solid faithful members with just enough differing opinions to make things interesting.

I'm making it a policy to be fairly private about myself online.  So I won't say much other than I'm an active Latter-day Saint who tries his best, but falls short more often than not. 

Notwithstanding my boorish nature, I can come off as pretty arrogant.  Well, that's not just an impression.  I actually am pretty arrogant.  So, my apologies ahead of time.

I'm married with kids.  And I practically worship my wife.

Nice introduction. Wish i have that gab; am a lurking member too. Looking forward to opening up more and learn from the fine blokes here!

1 hour ago, mordorbund said:

And with way 'v' was pronounced, I like to imagine Caesar's "Vini vidi vici" was proclaimed in the same sing-song manner as "neener neener neener"

Wee Willie Winkie veni vidi vici.

Edited by Vort

Guest Mores
On 4/7/2019 at 9:16 AM, kanzie said:

Nice introduction. Wish i have that gab; 

Is that a typo or an Aussie idiom?  I'm trying my best to figure out the meaning, but I'm coming up short.

1 hour ago, mordorbund said:

And with way 'v' was pronounced, I like to imagine Caesar's "Vini vidi vici" was proclaimed in the same sing-song manner as "neener neener neener"

What did Caesar say when he stumbled across a collaboratively edited website that was pathetically small and badly out of date?

Guest Mores
11 minutes ago, Vort said:

What did Caesar say when he stumbled across a collaboratively edited website that was pathetically small and badly out of date?

Hmmm... tough one.  I'll try:

Et tu dated?

Guest Mores

I was beginning to think this would turn out to become the longest introduction thread ever.  Then I took a look further down the page.  I guess I've got a ways to go yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mores
On 4/16/2019 at 10:27 PM, SilentOne said:

I haven't had anything yet. So how can I have some Mores of nothing?

I was very tempted to say something inappropriate.  But I thought better of it.