1 Easy Step to Become a Great Latter-day Saint

Picture this: you’re scrolling on your Facebook feed for the twentieth time today. Amid the cat pictures, absurd memes, and political posts, you see an ad. The ad probably says something like “Have Whiter Teeth in 3 Easy Steps” or “Get Clearer Skin in Just 2 Weeks!” We live in a society that values being the best we can be, and we want that ASAP (see, I didn’t even write out “as soon as possible” because even I want you to get to the end of this article quickly). While we should have clean teeth and skin, do we have that same attitude towards the more important things? Do we want to become the best person possible in the least amount of time possible? “Now wait a minute,” you might be thinking, “self-improvement is a lifelong endeavor. You can’t just become a better person in a matter of days!” And I agree with you. Growth is a never-ending, lifelong process. We should find ways to improve whether we’re nineteen or...

View the full article