I'm surprised by...

carlimac

Guest LiterateParakeet

There is speculation that the Seattle temple will have a long shut down...like 3 years....to do some much needed repairs, so Moses Lake could take some of that spillover???

My husband was surprised by this too. He served his mission in this area and felt that Moses Lake was close to another temple. 

But, I thought temples (at least the ones here in the US) are based on general membership as well as priesthood membership. If that's true, then Moses Lake would have a need for a temple (general membership) and have the manpower (priesthood membership) to support the running of the temple. 

15 hours ago, LiterateParakeet said:

There is speculation that the Seattle temple will have a long shut down...like 3 years....to do some much needed repairs, so Moses Lake could take some of that spillover???

I'm guessing that with this temple being in Seattle, at least one of those three years will probably be for cleansing and purifying. :)

Guest LiterateParakeet
7 hours ago, askandanswer said:

I'm guessing that with this temple being in Seattle, at least one of those three years will probably be for cleansing and purifying. :)

Lol, watch it, mister, I love Seattle. :)

3 hours ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Maybe it is in preparation for the inevitable tsunami that will make attending the Seattle temple problematic.

4 hours ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Lol, watch it, mister, I love Seattle. :)

32  And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there.  And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.

(Old Testament | Genesis 18:32)

Lit, it looks like you need to find another nine people in order to stop the tsunami. Given the difficulty of that task, I suggest you start pretty soon. 

Guest LiterateParakeet
26 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

32  And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there.  And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.

Lit, it looks like you need to find another nine people in order to stop the tsunami. Given the difficulty of that task, I suggest you start pretty soon. 

Lol, I have a good size family...but then again I'm not sure what side of this they would be on....(we don't always agree on politics)....humm, well, I have a few friends...

Gotta go I have some work to do...

On 4/9/2019 at 5:31 PM, LiterateParakeet said:

Lol, I have a good size family...but then again I'm not sure what side of this they would be on....(we don't always agree on politics)....humm, well, I have a few friends...

Gotta go I have some work to do...

Well, you got @Vort, so you just need 8 more.  Check out @prisonchaplain's congregation.  Bet you can find 8 converts there.   :)

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Well, you got @Vort, so you just need 8 more.  Check out @prisonchaplain's congregation.  Bet you can find 8 converts there.   :)

I actually have 7 congregations...but since we're on federal ground, I'm not sure if we can be counted in the Seattle census.

35 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

I actually have 7 congregations...but since we're on federal ground, I'm not sure if we can be counted in the Seattle census.

I'm sure Stake boundaries cover federal ground.  And we can probably get the feds to bus 8 prisoners to the temple once a month.   It'll be like the movie Conair!

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

I'm sure Stake boundaries cover federal ground.  And we can probably get the feds to bus 8 prisoners to the temple once a month.   It'll be like the movie Conair!

I suppose you could tell the authorities they were going to an alternative court, and that the ultimate sentencing is for much longer terms. On the other hand, this tact would have worked better back when privatization and faith-based programming were all the rage. 👳‍♂️

On 4/8/2019 at 1:59 PM, LiterateParakeet said:

This would make sense. We attended the Seattle temple last month when we were in town visiting a new grand baby. It was so hard to find our way around and very few temple workers to help direct us. Very odd experience. Yes, it needs to be re-done!

Edited by carlimac

On 4/9/2019 at 3:02 PM, askandanswer said:

Perhaps Tsunami was the wrong word. It should probably be inevitable eruption of Mount Rainier.