Your thoughts please?

Two propositions

1. That the more closely a way of doing something on earth - whether it be teaching, communicating, leading, governing, networking, organizing, creating, managing - resembles how that activity was done in the pre-existence, then the more successful and effective that activity will be..

2. By studying the most effective ways in which an activity is currently being done, we may be able to gain some insights into how that activity was done in the pre-existence, and how it might be done in the next life.

I would be delighted if people could share their thoughts and responses about these two propositions.b

Reverse engineering an understanding of the pre-existence, by looking at what works here on earth?  Interesting notion.

terrifying implications re: warfare.

That was my second thought.  We have Glock perfection here on earth, imagine how cool the pre-existence weapons must have been!

Edited by NeuroTypical

2 hours ago, askandanswer said:

Two propositions

1. That the more closely a way of doing something on earth - whether it be teaching, communicating, leading, governing, networking, organizing, creating, managing - resembles how that activity was done in the pre-existence, then the more successful and effective that activity will be..

2. By studying the most effective ways in which an activity is currently being done, we may be able to gain some insights into how that activity was done in the pre-existence, and how it might be done in the next life.

I would be delighted if people could share their thoughts and responses about these two propositions.b

A scripture may be interesting - Ecclesiastes 1:9-11

9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

All Things are a type and shadow of the pre-existence and what will be when we pass through death.   Our agency, in essence, reflects if we are agents of light (good) or darkness (evil) and is a reflection of our past as well as a indication of our future.   The operative word is "change" or "evolution" in the sense that we are becoming.  I am coming to the conclusion that the English word "Repentance" is flawed - because we can alter the future through the plan of salvation and end our inevitable penance suffering and pain from the influences of evil - which is the message of Ecclesiastes 1:9-11.

The Traveler

7 hours ago, unixknight said:

It makes sense, but has terrifying implications re: warfare.

I've always thought that the war in heaven was very much like the kind of war referred to JS-H 1:10

10  In the midst of this war of words and tumult of opinions, I often said to myself: What is to be done?  Who of all these parties are right; or, are they all wrong together?  If any one of them be right, which is it, and how shall I know it?

(Pearl of Great Price | JS-History 1:10)

7 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Reverse engineering an understanding of the pre-existence, by looking at what works here on earth?  Interesting notion.

3rd Nephi 13:10 gives some vague support for the idea

10  Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

(Book of Mormon | 3 Nephi 13:10)