13 Rules of Success

Guest Mores

I think this is a list of no-brainers for many people, but if you happen to be struggling with a particular thing, this advice applies.

"See vulnerability as a strength" - this one is for folks with trust issues.  If you are going to have friends, loved ones, and true intimacy, you gotta be vulnerable around those people.  Because who wants to be friends with/married to someone who never lets their walls down?  So, most people get this.  It's only the people with trust issues who need this advice.

Guest Mores
2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

I think this is a list of no-brainers for many people, but if you happen to be struggling with a particular thing, this advice applies.

"See vulnerability as a strength" - this one is for folks with trust issues.  If you are going to have friends, loved ones, and true intimacy, you gotta be vulnerable around those people.  Because who wants to be friends with/married to someone who never lets their walls down?  So, most people get this.  It's only the people with trust issues who need this advice.

Exactly.

7 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

That's kind - I was wondering if anyone was going to notice!   I plan to spend most of 2019 bouncing around the five stages of grief.  Right now, it's all good.

I thought I was being funny, but it sounds like you're serious. I'm sorry if things are hard for you, and hope it goes better. FYI, I'm almost never on Facebook and don't see anything going on with family or friends, because I suck.

Oh, I'm both being funny and serious.  The show over which I've been obsessing for 8+ years is running it's final episodes before the series ends.  And I'm finding unmistakable analogies between dealing with that, and bouncing through the 5 stages of grief.  Conventions are ending, the musicians and artists are moving on to more inspirational pastures, it's a genuine loss (though not huge) and big change (when compared to other hobbies).

Sorry - I hope you don't think I'm taking advantage of emotional capital or anything.  The whole deal is impacting me more than perhaps it would a mature grown-up.  Spending a year of changing my avatar seemed appropriate.

Heh.  This is me following points 3, 11, and 12 of the thread.