Sterling Van Wagenen, pedophile.

Emmanuel Goldstein

It's one of the more horrible aspects of our mortal probation.  And even worse, after the perps are done harming the victims, we Humans have to try to find a decent balance of justice and mercy.  We don't usually do all that well.  Death by drowning for child molestors you say?  About as good as anything else we've got.  Sort of rules out any hope for rehabilitation, but it's not like our current system of courts/plea bargains/prison/counseling/parole/life as a felon does much better.

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

It's one of the more horrible aspects of our mortal probation.  And even worse, after the perps are done harming the victims, we Humans have to try to find a decent balance of justice and mercy.  We don't usually do all that well.  Death by drowning for child molestors you say?  About as good as anything else we've got.  Sort of rules out any hope for rehabilitation, but it's not like our current system of courts/plea bargains/prison/counseling/parole/life as a felon does much better.

I see execution as our way of saying, "You get to go home because we don't know what to do with you." This is so despicable because of the lifetime of harm they do to their victims.

I just read some of the article...

Great.

Worked on some of the temple productions...

“But would I consider myself a pedophile? I’ve never thought of myself in that way.”

Some cases are hopeless.  This looks like one of them.  

20 minutes ago, mikbone said:

“But would I consider myself a pedophile? I’ve never thought of myself in that way.”

Some cases are hopeless.  This looks like one of them.  

I have attended a parole hearing for a convicted child molester.  My wife and I were there to show support for the victim and victim's parent.  Judge asked questions like "did you do this [insert descriptive language here]?"  "Why haven't you completed your mandated counseling?"  "Why should I consider you for parole when you haven't even made an effort, as far as I can tell, to begin counseling?"  "Do you believe pedophiles belong behind bars?"  "Do you consider yourself a pedophile?"  Apparently, it was a pretty routine hearing.  Apparently, answers from these folks tend to be all over the map.

But you can't say hopeless.  As long as someone breathes air as a mortal, there's hope.  The atonement is for everyone, especially the worst offenders among us.  In this case, dude eventually did his nickel (of a 5-life sentence), was released, hasn't been convicted of anything since, got a job, got married, and I hear now has his 2nd kid.  One can hope that this guy is off living a decent enough life, making sure that he's spending the rest of his life not doing the horrible things he did a decade ago.

Edited by NeuroTypical

35 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

I have attended a parole hearing for a convicted child molester.  My wife and I were there to show support for the victim and victim's parent.  Judge asked questions like "did you do this [insert descriptive language here]?"  "Why haven't you completed your mandated counseling?"  "Why should I consider you for parole when you haven't even made an effort, as far as I can tell, to begin counseling?"  "Do you believe pedophiles belong behind bars?"  "Do you consider yourself a pedophile?"  Apparently, it was a pretty routine hearing.  Apparently, answers from these folks tend to be all over the map.

But you can't say hopeless.  As long as someone breathes air as a mortal, there's hope.  The atonement is for everyone, especially the worst offenders among us.  In this case, dude eventually did his nickel (of a 5-life sentence), was released, hasn't been convicted of anything since, got a job, got married, and I hear now has his 2nd kid.  One can hope that this guy is off living a decent enough life, making sure that he's spending the rest of his life not doing the horrible things he did a decade ago.

you probably mean I shouldn't say hopeless.  Cuz I am firmly with the OP and Matthew 18:6

Child molester, yes.  He admitted to that.  But...pedophile...?  You do know what pedophile means, right?

I have a friend that was convicted of being a chimo.  It destroyed his life.  He spent 20 years in prison.  Then five or six years later, the truth came out- the girls lied.  Guess what?  His life was still ruined.

I am not saying the chimo in the article is innocent, because he admitted to a previous encounter.  I just know from my experience s what I have seen.  It is so hard to look at someone and say "absolutely guilty!" because of my friend.

And just because he has admitted to it before, does not mean he did it again.  I only pray that our Lord in Heaven sees to justice being done correctly and judiciously.