Why we still have Democrats

Vort

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:25 AM, Colirio said:

This is the reasoning I give when I have heard discussions about how several Democrats running for president in 2020 are advocating for slavery reparations. The fact is, "America" already paid them with blood. If any group owes reparations for slavery, it is the Democrat party. 

Plus, as the reparations to Japanese Americans was laughably low, in effect lower than what the ex-slaves were supposed to also receive if accounting for inflation and elsewise, and that the African Americans at the time also largely cooperated and ignored the situation of Japanese American camps, does that mean that the African Americans (along with others) should pay for that much more recent subversion out of pocket?

Afterall, if they are owed reparations, how much more should those who suffered even later in history and much more recently and with the knowledge of African Americans in the US at the time who were free, be owed much greater reparations.  A few of those Japanese Americans are still alive, and many of their kids are definitely still alive.  I don't know of many Ex-slaves or child of an ex-slave that is still alive from the time of the Civil War for the most part.