Stanley Cup Playoffs

Maureen

It's that time again with watching multiple hockey games in the evenings. I do have one team that I'm hoping wins because they are way overdue but due to weird sports superstitions, I won't say which team it is, but it's easy enough to guess.

I am very happy that the Islanders swept the Penguins more because I dislike the Penguins but also because Eberle is with the Islanders. I am absolutely shocked that the Lightning also got swept. They were the top team this season, winning over 60 games; way above any other team. But as is usually, once the playoffs start the slate is wiped clean and all teams start fresh, so anything goes.

I am cheering for the Flames, the Jets and the Maple Leafs because they are all Canadian teams and also the Stars because my husband's cousin's son is on that team.

Is anyone else watching the Stanley Cup playoffs?

M.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:15 AM, Maureen said:

The Calgary Flames are out of the playoffs. They were the highest winning team in the Western Conference.

M.

When I'm not rooting for the Caps, I root for the Avalanche.  

Should they meet for the Stanley Cup... I dunno what will happen.  I'm from the D.C. area, my wife is from Denver...

16 hours ago, BeccaKirstyn said:

Golden Knights fan. That game last night was unbearable to watch. Don't think we'll be able to to beat the Sharks in Game 7 in their hometown. So my next team are the Caps. 

I watched the Stanley Cup series last year and I gotta say, the Golden Knights home games were a lot of fun to watch.  I mean, I know it's Vegas.  They really know how to put on a show!

Of course, as a Caps fan I wasn't rooting for the GKs but yeah...

12 hours ago, MormonGator said:

I'm stuck tonight. As a Montreal fan, I dislike both the Maple Leafs and the Bruins. Can both teams lose tonight? Has that ever happened? 

I was cheering for the Leafs because they are so overdue. Their last Stanley Cup was 1967. The Bruins might lose in Round 2. I'll be cheering for the Columbus. 😊

M.

On 4/22/2019 at 10:24 PM, BeccaKirstyn said:

Golden Knights fan. That game last night was unbearable to watch. Don't think we'll be able to to beat the Sharks in Game 7 in their hometown. So my next team are the Caps. 

I wasn't able to watch that game on Sunday but kept track of the score on my phone. I was so shocked to find out the Sharks won that game with a short handed goal.

ETA: And in double OT.

M.

Edited by Maureen

5 hours ago, Maureen said:

I wasn't able to watch that game on Sunday but kept track of the score on my phone. I was so shocked to find out the Sharks won that game with a short handed goal.

ETA: And in double OT.

M.

Yeah it was a painful one to watch. So was last night's game. So now I'm all in for the Caps! Don't let me down today either 😭

• 1 month later...

Congratulations St. Louis Blues! They were not the team that I was originally cheering for but I was cheering for them in these final games. This is the Blues first Stanley Cup victory.

Yay for the right team winning.

M.