Eat Your Heart Out, Tony Stark

Guest Mores

Guest Mores
43 minutes ago, Vort said:

Two-tenths of a milliwatt per square meter, huh?

Yes!!! 

All we need is a tarp the size of Alaska and we might be able to charge a phone battery.  It's the next thing.  Why, this could be as big as THE GREEN NEW DEAL!!!

3 minutes ago, Mores said:

Yes!!! 

All we need is a tarp the size of Alaska and we might be able to charge a phone battery.  It's the next thing.  Why, this could be as big as THE GREEN NEW DEAL!!!

Let's see. Just brainstorming here.

What if...we use that square meter to grow wheat, which we feed to a hamster, which we allow to run on a hamster wheel, which we hook up to a small bicycle generator, which extrapolation from this Reddit suggests could produce AN ENTIRE WATT of power! That's 5000 TIMES more efficient!

Oh, wait. You can't grow wheat in the snow. Never mind.

Just need more imagination.  All we need to do is invent some sort of invisible harmless gas or something, which captures and transmits the static electricity to a central location.  Something that needs to be present in our air at 2 parts per billion.   Introduce it into our global air supply, create a couple of thousand receiving stations across the globe that plug into the grid.  Bam.  Free energy.

(I find if you need help with your imagination, just add the word "quantum", and you suddenly see new possibilities.)

As for the moon base, we all know the moon landing was faked.  Proof:

Related image

Edited by NeuroTypical

Guest Mores
48 minutes ago, Vort said:

Let's see. Just brainstorming here.

What if...we use that square meter to grow wheat, which we feed to a hamster, which we allow to run on a hamster wheel, which we hook up to a small bicycle generator, which extrapolation from this Reddit suggests could produce AN ENTIRE WATT of power! That's 5000 TIMES more efficient!

Oh, wait. You can't grow wheat in the snow. Never mind.

UGH!!! You capitalists always putting the kibosh on green plans just because your way is more "efficient".

Guest Mores
11 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

(I find if you need help with your imagination, just add the word "quantum", and you suddenly see new possibilities.)

That's so last decade.  It's all "nanotechnology" now.

Commodore 64? Whippersnapper. I cut my teeth on a TRS-80. One of my best-ever Christmas gifts, my Red Ryder BB gun, as it were, was when I was a teenager and got, as a shared gift with my younger brother, an Atari 2600. You can bet we put a whole lot of mileage on that, starting on Christmas Day 1977.

I'd like to add to my collection a Coleco Adam, which was my very first real computer.  Our first game console?  A pong console.  Never did get an Atari 2600.  I had an Odyssey 2 and then went from that to a ColecoVision (which is why we got the Adam to go with it.)  

Haha I had a Red Ryder too... and I almost shot my eye out with it.

1 minute ago, Vort said:

Pong consoles were all the rage in the early to mid 1970s, but they were too pricey for my family. The 2600 had Breakout, which was like Solitaire Pong. Score!

I don't know how ours ranked in terms of cost or how fancy it was.  It was an Odyssey 200 (as opposed to the Odyssey 2, which was cartridge based) and it had 3 variants of Pong built-in.  It had two paddles permanently connected by wires.    There were dials to adjust difficulty and speed, as well as adjusting the screen position on the TV.