Why Easter is About You and Jesus Christ

In beginning to write this piece, I hashed out a fairly short explanation about why we celebrate Easter: Jesus, of course! I paraded on about the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement of Jesus Christ, but something just didn't feel right about it. Then I realized that while Easter is about Christ's Atonement, it's also about us! Maybe that's why my first draft just felt off— because I'd talked about Jesus Christ, but I'd left out why He made such a sacrifice. So in this article, rather than give you another lesson on the Plan of Salvation, I'd like to experience God's grace and majesty with you. To do this, I figured we'd focus on two important Easter-related topics: 1) You and 2) what Christ's Atonement really allows us to do. Joy to the World, the Lord is Come I know, I know! It's Easter, not Christmas. But with all that the Lord has done for us, it really feels like Christmas, every single day! When I think about what Christ's resurrection gives...

View the full article