Poll AC/DC vs Michael Bolton

Guest Scott

AC/DC vs Michael Bolton  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which is really more evil to listen to (please read text of post)

• AC/DC
    • Michael Bolton

Guest Scott

OK, which is more evil to listen to, AC/DC or Michael Bolton?

The answer isn't as easy as it seems. 

Can it depend on the individual?   

OK, hear me out. 

AC/DC has little to no wholesome lyrics.   Lyrics aren't everything though and there is still the situation of how you react due to the lyrics.   

A lot of women and a few men can tolerate listening to Michael Bolton, but for a lot of us guys listening to it incites irritation and possibly near rage.    Take driving, for example.  I can still listen to AC/DC while driving and still be courteous, wave to fellow drivers, and even obey all the traffic laws.    If I were forced to listen to Michael Bolton while driving, I don't think I would be that courteous.  It would be so irritating that I would probably cut people off and horror of all horrors, possibly even cut people off if I was forced to do on a very regular basis.

AC/DC might be irritating to some, but I don't know if incites the same rage among some that listening to Michael Bolton would.   I'm not saying that AC/DC is good or wholesome though.

So which one really is the more evil of the two music choices?   Lets say from hence forth , other than Church hymns everyone could only listen to Michael Bolton or AC/DC, but it would have to be universal; i.e. 100% of the population could only hear 100% AC/DC or 100% Michael BOlton, but the entire world would have to follow suit, i.e. the whole population could only listen to one or the other, rather than part of the population could listen to one and part to the other.

To, Michael Bolton is actually the greater of the two evils because it would drive more people insane (or to rage) than AC/DC would, though admittedly at this time I have no scientific data for this.

Thoughts?

Edited by Scott

13 minutes ago, Scott said:

OK, which is more evil to listen to, AC/DC or Michael Bolton?

The answer isn't as easy as it seems. 

Can it depend on the individual?   

OK, hear me out. 

AC/DC has little to no wholesome lyrics.   Lyrics aren't everything though and there is still the situation of how you react due to the lyrics.   

A lot of women and a few men can tolerate listening to Michael Bolton, but for a lot of us guys listening to it incites irritation and possibly near rage.    Take driving, for example.  I can still listen to AC/DC while driving and still be courteous, wave to fellow drivers, and even obey all the traffic laws.    If I were forced to listen to Michael Bolton while driving, I don't think I would be that courteous.  It would be so irritating that I would probably cut people off and horror of all horrors, possibly even cut people off if I was forced to do on a very regular basis.

AC/DC might be irritating to some, but I don't know if incites the same rage among some that listening to Michael Bolton would.   I'm not saying that AC/DC is good or wholesome though.

So which one really is the more evil of the two music choices?   Lets say from hence forth , other than Church hymns everyone could only listen to Michael Bolton or AC/DC, but it would have to be universal; i.e. 100% of the population could only hear 100% AC/DC or 100% Michael BOlton, but the entire world would have to follow suit, i.e. the whole population could only listen to one or the other, rather than part of the population could listen to one and part to the other.

To, Michael Bolton is actually the greater of the two evils because it would drive more people insane (or to rage) than AC/DC would, though admittedly at this time I have no scientific data for this.

Thoughts?

So if something causes rage, it is evil?

I knew it that 17 year old high schooler was evil when he cut me off!

Guest Scott
1 minute ago, Fether said:

I’m beginning to think that this poll has less to do with gathering data and more to do with a lingering hatred for Michael Bolton. ;)

I don't hate Michael Bolton as long as I never have to listen to him.  😉

Edited by Scott

I like Michael Bolton.

Ever listen to the  lyrics to "Go the Distance?"  That song could be listened to as a hymn.  I'm not kidding.  Think about it.  "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

Now read the lyrics with that in mind:

I have often dreamed of a far off place
Where a hero's welcome would be waiting for me
Where the crowds would cheer, when they see my face
And a voice keeps saying this is where I'm meant to be
I'll be there someday, I can go the distance
I will find my way if I can be strong
I know every mile would be worth my while
When I go the distance, I'll be right where I belong
Down an unknown road to embrace my fate
Though that road may wander, it will lead me to you
And a thousand years would be worth the wait