Embarrassing likes

Guest Scott

Guest Scott

Is anyone hear willing to admit something they at least sort of like, but yet is really embarrassing to admit?

For example, I actually like a few Britney Spears songs and MC Hammer's U Can't Touch This.   That's super embarrassing for sure, but hey, since we're anonymous here, I thought it would be OK to admit, even if we wouldn't do so in public.  

Guest Mores
4 minutes ago, Scott said:

Is anyone hear willing to admit something they at least sort of like, but yet is really embarrassing to admit?

I can't really think of anything like that.  I like what I like and I am not really embarrassed by any of it.

Guest LiterateParakeet

Lol, I love MC Hammer's can't touch this. 

Here's mine...sorta...I used to love Twilight.  Just a little fun romance, but since Shades of Grey (which I emphatically did not read) was fan fiction of Twilight, I can't unseen those connections, that perspective. Drat.

And often I catch myself singing, "Don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart, I just don't think he'd understand.  . . " and THAT is something I don't even want to admit to myself.

Guest LiterateParakeet
Just now, 2ndRateMind said:

I like Abba. I can't think of anything more embarrassing than that, and it shows my age, too! In defense, I would also point out that I also like Black Sabbath.

Best wshes, 2RM.

Oh man this thread is showing me all my weaknesses and age...I like ABBA too!

1) I love video games with a burning passion! I use to be embarrassed of this back when I had an issue with too much gaming, but now that I have it mostly under control, I openly own up to it.

2) I use to unapologetically love the new Starwars movies... but I realized about a week ago that I’m really not excited at all to see the next Starwars movie.

3) I love door to door sales! Greatest job I could ask for

4) I’m actually pretty embarrassed by this one, I don’t know why though. I really enjoy sports teams that consistently win. I LOVE Golden state Warriors and Steph Curry. I love watching any team Peyton Manning played on, same with Lebron James.

Edited by Fether

Guest MormonGator

I love the movie Waterworld. In fact, I saw it twice in the theaters when it came out, owned the VHS tape, the DVD, and it was among my first purchases on Amazon Prime. I like it so much that I considered getting a copy of the tattoo to Dryland on my back, and I name many video game characters Enola. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest Mores
11 minutes ago, 2ndRateMind said:

I like Abba. I can't think of anything more embarrassing than that, and it shows my age, too! In defense, I would point out that I also like Black Sabbath.

Best wishes, 2RM.

10 minutes ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Oh man this thread is showing me all my weaknesses and age...I like ABBA too!

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH ABBA!!!

11 minutes ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Here's mine...sorta...I used to love Twilight.

Yup.  That is pretty embarrassing.

Guest Scott
15 minutes ago, 2ndRateMind said:

I like Abba. I can't think of anything more embarrassing than that

At least it's not Justin Bieber or New Kids on the Block.  :)

I don't mind Abba.  

I love to read fiction novels about supernatural beings, vampires, werewolves, etc. Also, historical fiction novels. I love Twilight and have all the HARDBACK books. Love the TV series Supernatural. Oh, and as a teen, I read and loved all of my Mother's books by Georgette Heyer. When she finished the latest book, I read it. All the money I earned by selling white rat babies to the University of Washington, ironing my Uncles police buddies uniforms I gave to Mom to buy the books so she wouldn't have to super scrimp on the grocery money.

Oh and I am not even one whit embarrassed by admitting that I love ABBA! Or to telling anyone my gender and age. Female, 66 (soon to be 67)

As a teenager I really believed backmasking was a thing . . . (for the uninitiated, this was the Christian urban legend that rock bands were imbedding backwards messages in their music calling for the worship of Satan. The theory was--supposedly psychologically based--that because the message was heard backwards we could not filter it, but the words would fall in place in our subconscious).

Now that I read it...wow...yeah...that really is embarrassing. :embarrassed:

Edited by prisonchaplain

28 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I love the movie Waterworld. In fact, I saw it twice in the theaters when it came out, owned the VHS tape, the DVD, and it was among my first purchases on Amazon Prime. I like it so much that I considered getting a copy of the tattoo to Dryland on my back, and I name many video game characters Enola. 

That isn't love.  It is more like stalking.

29 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I really enjoy that movie too. I still love that scene where the Exxon Valdez sinks again no matter how cheesy lol.

For me, I suppose my complete love of battleships is somewhat embarrassing. I went to visit the USS North Carolina a year and a half ago, and was like a kid visiting Disney World for the first time. I took far too many pictures of myself in front of the 16 inch guns. 

Edited by Midwest LDS

Ok.

I've been hiding  this for too long.  I've been living in the closet and it's time to come out, and admit the truth, both to myself and to the world.

*deep breath*

*exhale*

Ok.  Here goes...

I like the Dungeons & Dragons movie.

WAIT HEAR ME OUT

I *know* how awful it is.  I know how embarrassingly terrible the writing was.  I know how cringeworthy the acting was.  I know how miserably it represented Dungeons & Dragons as a game and a cultural icon.  I know the Director and lead actor were stoned out of their minds when they recorded the commentary, and I know Dave Arneson wasn't actually in the room with them.  I know how cheap the sets, the costumes and the props were.  I know how derivative some of it was, and I know how utterly  mind-numbingly pathetic the VFX of the dragons were.  

I know.

It's just...  it's just that the movie is just so much fun to laugh at.  It's like a drinking game waiting to happen.  "Jeremy Irons chews the scenery.  Drink!"  It's so awful but tries so  hard that you can't help but love it... Like the mutant fish with the missing fin in an aquarium.  He's not as good as the other fish, and in an actual lake he'd be eaten on his first day... but ya just can't help rooting for the little guy.

Don't get me wrong... I can't promise I'd never punch Courtney Solomon in the mouth for what he did (and is still doing, with the rights battles) to Dungeons & Dragons as a theatrical property... but I just can't make myself hate this expensive little vomit cascade of a movie.

24 minutes ago, Iggy said:

I love to read fiction novels about supernatural beings, vampires, werewolves, etc.

Yes, so did I, in my previous life. I regard them now as something akin to philosophical thought experiments, along with science fiction. What would the world be like, if vampires, werewolves, aliens, etc existed, and what should be our proper humane response? But these days, I find the complexity of the human condition so challenging, as it is, I have less need for fiction, and more for non-fiction.

Best wishes, 2RM

Guest Mores
4 minutes ago, unixknight said:

WAIT HEAR ME OUT

I *know* how awful it is.  I know how embarrassingly terrible the writing was.  I know how cringeworthy the acting was.  I know how miserably it represented Dungeons & Dragons as a game and a cultural icon.  I know the Director and lead actor were stoned out of their minds when they recorded the commentary, and I know Dave Arneson wasn't actually in the room with them.  I know how cheap the sets, the costumes and the props were.  I know how derivative some of it was, and I know how utterly  mind-numbingly pathetic the VFX of the dragons were.  

I know.

It's just...  it's just that the movie is just so much fun to laugh at.  It's like a drinking game waiting to happen.  "Jeremy Irons chews the scenery.  Drink!"  It's so awful but tries so  hard that you can't help but love it... Like the mutant fish with the missing fin in an aquarium.  He's not as good as the other fish, and in an actual lake he'd be eaten on his first day... but ya just can't help rooting for the little guy.

You're describing every MST3K movie.  Ok. That works.

20 minutes ago, unixknight said:

Ok.

I've been hiding  this for too long.  I've been living in the closet and it's time to come out, and admit the truth, both to myself and to the world.

*deep breath*

*exhale*

Ok.  Here goes...

I like the Dungeons & Dragons movie.

WAIT HEAR ME OUT

I know.

Don't get me wrong... I can't promise I'd never punch Courtney Solomon in the mouth for what he did (and is still doing, with the rights battles) to Dungeons & Dragons as a theatrical property... but I just can't make myself hate this expensive little vomit cascade of a movie.

I would accuse you of heresy my friend, but the embarrassing truth is I like Battlefield Earth for the same reason. Terrible terrible movie, super amusing to make fun of.

Guest MormonGator
16 minutes ago, Midwest LDS said:

I would accuse you of heresy my friend, but the embarrassing truth is I like Battlefield Earth for the same reason. Terrible terrible movie, super amusing to make fun of.

One of the best books out there is Roger Eberts collection of bad movie reviews. He has three books of them, and each one is great! 

3 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Come on, tell us the rest of it.  You were the voice actor for the unicorn, right?

Image result for dungeons and dragons cartoon

2 things I wish about that:

• I WISH they'd used this as the basis for the D&D movie.  The actual movie has nothing to do with the D&D cartoon... or  the game, for that matter.
  • I WISH I was the voice actor who plays that unicorn.  His name is Frank Welker.  You may know him as Fred from Scooby-Doo, Megatron from the Transformers cartoon, Nibbler from Futurama, or any of hundreds of other tv shows and movies.  He's actually the highest paid actor of all time, owing to the sheer volume of work he's done. 
Edited by unixknight

Guest LiterateParakeet
1 hour ago, prisonchaplain said:

As a teenager I really believed backmasking was a thing . . . (for the uninitiated, this was the Christian urban legend that rock bands were imbedding backwards messages in their music calling for the worship of Satan. The theory was--supposedly psychologically based--that because the message was heard backwards we could not filter it, but the words would fall in place in our subconscious).

Now that I read it...wow...yeah...that really is embarrassing. :embarrassed:

It's so funny that you mention this because o. Monday, I was reading a psychology textbook that mentioned it too!  

I want to tell you that you're not alone on this one, but that would be too embarrassing so I plead the 5th!