First annual meeting of the Legion of Doom

Vort

21 minutes ago, Vort said:

I'm secretly jealous of guys with beards.

One of the things that discouraged me is I'd been growing mine for 8-9 months and my brother in law came into town for a visit who'd been growing his since around Jan:

z_beard.jpg.6408b6f64e75481d98adcd92dd2e5798.jpg

So ashamed of my lack of manliness.

(Full disclosure: this picture of him is actually from the previous time h'd grown a beard in 2015 but is a good representation of what his looked like. I didn't get a pic of him this time around).

Three bishops ago, the bishopric had a beard growing contest in prep for some youth trek or other.  2 weeks into it, one counselor was a manly lumberjack.  6 months into it, the bishop was showing a tad of peach fuzz, which could be detectable by the human eye if the light hit him just right. 

Edited by NeuroTypical

25 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

@Vort and @The Folk Prophet now that you've been called in and disciplined by not just one, but two moderators, I'm expecting much better behaviour from the two of you in future. :) 

Yeah, you'd think that, right up until you meet @pam and @Just_A_Guy in the flesh and realize exactly who you're dealing with. Trust me, it's not TFP and me that you need to be worried about.

11 minutes ago, Vort said:

His burrito didn't stand a chance.

Hehe.

Tip for anyone meeting up with @Just_A_Guy for a meal in the future: Bring a pocket dictionary. Or at least have Google read on your phone.

Of course I didn't want to look dumb, so I just pretended to understand all the words he used.

Thank goodness for context.

To be fair, it was a bit hard to hear sometimes (as can often be the case in restaurants). So maybe they were normal words and I just didn't hear them right. ;) 

Edited by The Folk Prophet

10 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

Hehe.

Tip for anyone meeting up with @Just_A_Guy for a meal in the future: Bring a pocket dictionary. Or at least have Google read on your phone.

Of course I didn't want to look dumb, so I just pretended to understand all the words he used.

To be fair, it was a bit hard to hear sometimes (as can often be the case in restaurants). So maybe they were normal words and I just didn't hear them right. ;) 

(I spoke Portuguese all night.  It’s just that you were the only one who noticed anything was off because you were the only one paying any attention to me at all.  @pam was checking out the waiters, and @Vort was busy planting fingernails in the salads so we could get our meals comped.  :D  )

Edited by Just_A_Guy

8 hours ago, The Folk Prophet said:

Hehe.

@Just_A_Guy a guy was talking and you were still able to eat? That's impressive!

5 hours ago, askandanswer said:

Is this the same eating place where other thirdforum meet-ups have taken place? From what I recall of other pics of similar events, the setting looks quite similar. 

No we had not met here before.

Guest Mores
On 4/29/2019 at 10:18 AM, The Folk Prophet said:

I was working on the 3 foot beard, but this is all I got after almost 9 months:

7Qr4ZihJ2s6hA9u2P7JtZXzp7JQ3vZZm6PMcxWh4

I finally got sick of it and cut it short.

Apparently I'm neither sage enough or hipster enough when push comes to shove.

You look just like a friend of mine who visits us every week or two to play D&D.  He only has a 16" beard.  Yes, I measured it once.  He may have trimmed it a few times.  But it is hecka long.