Replacement for youth programs

• 6 months later...

For an update to those that may have missed it...

The basics of the program...

SSPI.  Spiritual, Social, Physical and Intellectual. 

It starts at age 8.  There are two groups of awards, that of (sorry if my memory isn't the best...can't recall the exact term) participation and that of achievement.  All who are in the program at the time receive the participation awards, those that accomplish the requirements for the achievements receive the achievement award.

At age 8 each child receives a CTR ring.  They also receive a Strive to Be ring.

For Primary age children in the program they will set one goal in each of the four categories during the year.  Those who achieve these goals will get a certificate (I think that's the reward for the achievement).

At age 12 young men receive a ring (looks like one of those new spinner rings) and young women receive a necklace with a medallion type thing. 

In the Youth program young men and women will need to set two goals in each of the two categories each year.  If they accomplish the goals they will get a certificate.

When they graduate Young Women will receive an additional item which they can put on their necklace while young men will receive an oil vial.  At this time, if they have enough achievements I think they also get a glass shelf ornament with a holographic Christus in it.   (though it could be that this is an annual thing they are given if they meet the goal each year, those giving the information were not as clear about that, but I think it's upon graduation which they are given it).

That's the biggest new information that I could see about the program overall.  Primary age children and young men and women can get a handbook to help guide them through goals and the program.  Youth Leaders and parents also can get books from ChildrenandYouth which will have approved activities (not all activities are appropriate and the books will give out ideas of what is approved, what is not for safety and other areas of reason.

The rings and medallions will have a temple insignia and the new slogan of Strive to Be included.  Strive to Be is also the byline for the new Children and Youth program.  You can also have the app via Gospel Living to keep track of the various goals one has in the program as well as to have a Church social media type instant messenger/twitter type account going for their quorum or youth group.

Guest MormonGator
40 minutes ago, JohnsonJones said:

For an update to those that may have missed it...

The basics of the program...

SSPI.  Spiritual, Social, Physical and Intellectual. 

It starts at age 8.  There are two groups of awards, that of (sorry if my memory isn't the best...can't recall the exact term) participation and that of achievement.  All who are in the program at the time receive the participation awards, those that accomplish the requirements for the achievements receive the achievement award.

At age 8 each child receives a CTR ring.  They also receive a Strive to Be ring.

For Primary age children in the program they will set one goal in each of the four categories during the year.  Those who achieve these goals will get a certificate (I think that's the reward for the achievement).

At age 12 young men receive a ring (looks like one of those new spinner rings) and young women receive a necklace with a medallion type thing. 

In the Youth program young men and women will need to set two goals in each of the two categories each year.  If they accomplish the goals they will get a certificate.

When they graduate Young Women will receive an additional item which they can put on their necklace while young men will receive an oil vial.  At this time, if they have enough achievements I think they also get a glass shelf ornament with a holographic Christus in it.   (though it could be that this is an annual thing they are given if they meet the goal each year, those giving the information were not as clear about that, but I think it's upon graduation which they are given it).

That's the biggest new information that I could see about the program overall.  Primary age children and young men and women can get a handbook to help guide them through goals and the program.  Youth Leaders and parents also can get books from ChildrenandYouth which will have approved activities (not all activities are appropriate and the books will give out ideas of what is approved, what is not for safety and other areas of reason.

The rings and medallions will have a temple insignia and the new slogan of Strive to Be included.  Strive to Be is also the byline for the new Children and Youth program.  You can also have the app via Gospel Living to keep track of the various goals one has in the program as well as to have a Church social media type instant messenger/twitter type account going for their quorum or youth group.

Will kids like it JJ? After all, if they don't show up or enjoy it, it doesn't matter what the church does.