NYT got their leaked tax story from Trump himself - Change My Mind

anatess2

Remember when MSNBC had this Bombshell Story about Trump's tax return from 10 years ago right before the 2016 elections and how it turned out to be a nothing burger and even made Trump look good?  Well, that time, I thought to myself, did Rachel Maddow really think she got just the thing to wipe Trump off the electoral map?  Then I started thinking... what is more probable is that Trump knew exactly the kind of reaction MSNBC and the MSM is going to have and what kind of reaction the people is going to have, rubbed his hands together with a big grin on his face and leaked his own tax returns.

Well, it happened again with the NYT Bombshell Story about leaked tax returns spanning a decade when Trump went over a billion in debt - something that he talks about in his Art of the Comeback as well as in his show The Apprentice.  Same thing - MSM has one reaction - that Congress now has a reason to investigate Trump for tax fraud, the people have a different reaction - you didn't know that?  And since Congress runs the risk of massive election losses if they run politicized investigations without overwhelming support by the people, it seems like this story benefits Trump again as it shuts up the clamoring about his tax returns with several states threatening to take him off the ballot unless he releases his returns.

So, once again, my conclusion is - it's gotta be Trump himself that is leaking his own tax returns... 3D Chess.

1 minute ago, anatess2 said:

Remember when MSNBC had this Bombshell Story about Trump's tax return from 10 years ago right before the 2016 elections and how it turned out to be a nothing burger and even made Trump look good?  Well, that time, I thought to myself, did Rachel Maddow really think she got just the thing to wipe Trump off the electoral map?  Then I started thinking... what is more probable is that Trump knew exactly the kind of reaction MSNBC and the MSM is going to have and what kind of reaction the people is going to have, rubbed his hands together with a big grin on his face and leaked his own tax returns.

Well, it happened again with the NYT Bombshell Story about leaked tax returns spanning a decade when Trump went over a billion in debt - something that he talks about in his Art of the Comeback as well as in his show The Apprentice.  Same thing - MSM has one reaction - that Congress now has a reason to investigate Trump for tax fraud, the people have a different reaction - you didn't know that?  And since Congress runs the risk of massive election losses if they run politicized investigations without overwhelming support by the people, it seems like this story benefits Trump again as it shuts up the clamoring about his tax returns with several states threatening to take him off the ballot unless he releases his returns.

So, once again, my conclusion is - it's gotta be Trump himself that is leaking his own tax returns... 3D Chess.

Maybe.  But it’s also not new info—I remember kvetching back in 2016 about the fact that Trump had lost a billion dollars (but, as I recall, I think I did defend his right to amortize that loss over 10 years for tax purposes, as the Internal Revenue Code permits).  

So if Trump is the “leaker”, then that just makes the press even dumber; because they fell for a leak of stuff that wasn’t even secret.  

22 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

So if Trump is the “leaker”, then that just makes the press even dumber; because they fell for a leak of stuff that wasn’t even secret.  

Lately the press has shown us that that level of stupidity on their part is more than plausible.  It wouldn't be the first time they stepped on a rake in their zeal to try to smear Trump.

Guest Mores
38 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Interesting theory.  I don't believe there is any problem with some states taking Trump off the ballot.  The only states willing to do that are so far blue, that they'd never vote for him anyway.

Not only that, there might be a Constitutional challenge to such an action.

Guest Mores
3 hours ago, Just_A_Guy said:

Maybe.  But it’s also not new info—I remember kvetching back in 2016 about the fact that 

There it is again.  I think this should go with a nickname like... the kvetching counselor or Just A Guy, kvetcher extraordinaire, Esq. 

@mordorbund!!! We need you!!

Edited by Mores

18 minutes ago, Emmanuel Goldstein said:

Trump may be the master of all internet Trolls? LOL

Not master, dude... god-emperor of internet trolls.  Just think, this wondrous tweet may be preserved in the Library of Congress and Presidential Library.  100 years from now my grand children will be pulling this up for their History Essays.

1FE42A85-C1F0-471D-891C-D5A494085F40.thumb.jpeg.8143f63c0051bda1c245c72d351af763.jpeg

Guest Mores
2 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Not master, dude... god-emperor of internet trolls.  Just think, this wondrous tweet may be preserved in the Library of Congress and Presidential Library.  100 years from now my grand children will be pulling this up for their History Essays.

That is oddly Reaganesque.  Remember his comment about Mondale when a debate moderator asked about the issue of age?

11 minutes ago, Mores said:

That is oddly Reaganesque.  Remember his comment about Mondale when a debate moderator asked about the issue of age?

Trump is a big fan of Reagan.  A lot of what he does is from Reagan influence - like the MAGA slogan.