"Well Behaved Women . . . "

Guest LiterateParakeet

15 hours ago, Grunt said:

Being nice and pleasant isn't the same as being Christ-like or supporting the Church and Prophet.  .   I know many nice and pleasant people that I respect very much who ignore their covenants, drink alcohol and coffee, don't tithe or take Sacrament, don't wear their garments, etc.  The bar isn't "nice and pleasant".  

See, that is very interesting how you phrased..because yes there is a way of being nice and pleasant and supposedly sweet (seemingly), yet is not, and is disconnected from God. I'm not lds so I don't know what those things entail, but I'm definitely christian. Example. I work in an office surrounded by atheism among most of the people there. It's a very small office. I try, all I can, to connect to the soul in front of me, not to convince them to be christian, since that can't be forced, and, I'm at work and have limited options to talk about such things, but to bring them out of the superficial and maybe give a hint about a better way to go. So there was a young lady there, atheist as can be yet from a supposedly large christian home. She was having boyfriend trouble, the boy broke up and wasn't too nice throughout. She asked my opinion, so I said, well since you asked, perhaps you would find a real soul, someone who loves you not just for today, if you considered God again, and maybe starting watching, and talking to christians and even maybe consider dating a christian man. Though not all of them are perfect, and please avoid the rapture crowd (grin.) She was polite and I could feel she was ignoring that advice and considered it as not of any interest...however I did try to use that opportunity of trust in me to confide a problem, to give a real suggestion. Not counseling, not warn him of how he was not considerate to women, just simple, return to God and start to hang out with a different crowd. I saw she was closed... and didn't want that...so I dropped it. That was weeks ago. Though I haven't been perfect in that very frustrating office, I've stayed attentive to every opportunity to do what I can to help anyone who is open to God. But yes, she is a perfectly sweet girl in many people's opinion. To me she is harsh as can be even while saying nice things, because I feel she is using her life and how busy she is (doing whatever) as a shield agaInst God.

(edit: by rapture i meant a rapture concept where a born again ritual is said in some denominations and then the person says they’re saved and nothing more to do.

Edited by e v e
comment

13 hours ago, e v e said:

(edit: by rapture i meant a rapture concept where a born again ritual is said in some denominations and then the person says they’re saved and nothing more to do.

Edited by e v e