A Realization I had During Ramadan Last Night

unixknight

4 hours ago, Mores said:

....So, the brief explanations of "No" and "Never" were not brief enough?  They never even asked "why?"  I wonder how "I'm a Mormon" was somehow considered more brief than a single word response.

Or are you saying that when they ask "why?" that we should NOT be saying "I'm a Mormon" but when they don't ask "why?" then we SHOULD be saying "I'm a Mormon"?  Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

"Guest" was never asked why, and you said he SHOULD have said it.  @unixknight doesn't answer it until asked and you say he SHOULDN'T have "given a big speech".

Yup, really consistent there in your thinnest of excuses for double talk.

@Mores, I remember that thread and conversation. Go back to the thread and this time try really hard to understand the context of what "Guest" first explained and what I said in my posts. And yes, three little words like "I'm a Mormon" are very concise and are definitely not a speech. If you're not clear what a speech is then find a dictionary.

M.

36 minutes ago, Maureen said:

@Mores, I remember that thread and conversation. Go back to the thread and this time try really hard to understand the context of what "Guest" first explained and what I said in my posts. And yes, three little words like "I'm a Mormon" are very concise and are definitely not a speech. If you're not clear what a speech is then find a dictionary.

M.

It's hard to take your words for certain when you just completely made up the context that @unixknight gave any speech, big or otherwise.

Here's my typical conversations when this comes up (this is not an exaggeration--actually happened several times):

Friend: try this coffee! So good!

Beef: no thanks.

Friend: why? it's really good! I hated coffee until I tried this. Try it!

Beef: no, I don't drink coffee and honestly hate even the smell of it. Look at that lady's purse! It's so pretty!

Friend: just try it. 

Beef: no, it's also against my religion. Seriously, did you see that purse? Loved the teal color!

Friend: what? Why? What's wrong with coffee? Your Mountain Dew has caffeine too!

Beef: it's not about the caffeine. I've made a promise to God that I won't drink coffee, or tea, or alcohol, or smoke, or take drugs. I love teal, but don't have a teal purse. Do you have one?

Friend: I get the smoking and drugs, but coffee? tea? alcohol? What's wrong with them? Even in moderation, a little alcohol is good.

Beef: it's against my religion. I made a promise to God. Where did you get your purse?

Friend: but, coffee is healthy! And drinking wine is healthy! Don't you want to be healthy?

Beef: I don't know if there is anything wrong with them. But, I made a promise to God to not drink them. Can we talk about purses now? I'm not changing my mind about the coffee. So, where's the best place to get a teal purse?

16 minutes ago, beefche said:

Friend: but, coffee is healthy! And drinking wine is healthy! Don't you want to be healthy?

Beef: I don't know if there is anything wrong with them. But, I made a promise to God to not drink them. Can we talk about purses now? I'm not changing my mind about the coffee. So, where's the best place to get a teal purse? Correct. I do not want to be healthy. That's why I don't drink coffee. I'm hoping for a malignant cancer. I think that teal purse would go well with my bald head when I start chemotherapy. What do you think?

Ftfy.

4 hours ago, anatess2 said:

It's hard to take your words for certain when you just completely made up the context that @unixknight gave any speech, big or otherwise.

You don't have to take my word for it, just go read the old thread.

And anyway, I already admitted that I exaggerated "the speech" description to make a point.

M.

20 hours ago, beefche said:

Here's my typical conversations when this comes up (this is not an exaggeration--actually happened several times):

Friend: try this coffee! So good!

Beef: no thanks.

Friend: why? it's really good! I hated coffee until I tried this. Try it!

Beef: no, I don't drink coffee and honestly hate even the smell of it. Look at that lady's purse! It's so pretty!

Friend: just try it. 

Beef: no, it's also against my religion. Seriously, did you see that purse? Loved the teal color!

Friend: what? Why? What's wrong with coffee? Your Mountain Dew has caffeine too!

Beef: it's not about the caffeine. I've made a promise to God that I won't drink coffee, or tea, or alcohol, or smoke, or take drugs. I love teal, but don't have a teal purse. Do you have one?

Friend: I get the smoking and drugs, but coffee? tea? alcohol? What's wrong with them? Even in moderation, a little alcohol is good.

Beef: it's against my religion. I made a promise to God. Where did you get your purse?

Beef: I don't know if there is anything wrong with them. But, I made a promise to God to not drink them. Can we talk about purses now? I'm not changing my mind about the coffee. So, where's the best place to get a teal purse?

Beef, from one woman to another... if you really want to get off a subject, point to the SHOES and not the purse.  No woman can resist shoes.  Not even the coffee enthusiasts.