So How About Music?

Guest Mores

Guest Mores

I was once owned the soundtrack to the movie Xanadu featuring the voice talents of Olivia Newton-John.  While the movie bombed, the soundtrack was quite popular.

Nowadays, the music certainly shows its age.  But back then, it was pretty good.

1 hour ago, Mores said:

I was once owned the soundtrack to the movie Xanadu featuring the voice talents of Olivia Newton-John.  While the movie bombed, the soundtrack was quite popular.

Nowadays, the music certainly shows its age.  But back then, it was pretty good.

Back then, I was rooting for Olivia marrying John Travolta so she can change her name to Olive Newton-John Travolta.

I liked the soundtrack (lots of good karaoke material), interestingly, Olivia got the Worst Dressed Award for her Xanadu concerts.

Another great soundtrack for a meh movie is - Purple Rain.

Edited by anatess2

Guest MormonGator
22 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

A freekin' men!

Dude, this is awesome!  Admission is the first step to recovery!!!

I'm free from the chains of delusion and denial that have held me back for so long! 

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Fether said:

You mean the delusion of calling the stuff you listen to “music”?

My Grandfather graduated from Columbia with a degree in Music theory. He's a lifelong fan of classical music. My dad plays the oboe in a local band and my cousin plays in the US Marine  band (dead serious). So I come from a family of people who are obsessed with music. 

My father is mortified in my taste in music. My love of punk and metal (and I'm the only one in the family who likes those genres) is a source of great amusement between the two of us! 

Edited by MormonGator

40 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

My Grandfather graduated from Columbia with a degree in Music theory. He's a lifelong fan of classical music. My dad plays the oboe in a local band and my cousin plays in the US Marine  band (dead serious). So I come from a family of people who are obsessed with music. 

My father is mortified in my taste in music. My love of punk and metal is a source of great amusement between the two of us! 

My son is a classically trained pianist.  He loves heavy metal because, in his words, it’s classical discovering electricity.

Guest Godless
2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

My son is a classically trained pianist.  He loves heavy metal because, in his words, it’s classical discovering electricity.

He's not wrong.

Guest MormonGator
6 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

Among other delusions.

Given that you and I agree on 99% of music (but the stuff we disagree on is so much fun, and our disagreements are so vehement) I'd re-think that statement. 

On 5/23/2019 at 4:10 PM, NeuroTypical said:

This was me a few years back. 

image.png.eca7b2dc86fca1d96ced3e8cf1bdaabf.png

I have a box full of tapes. It's gonna hurt me to throw them out, but I'm trying to downsize and I don't need a box of tapes following me into the afterlife.  At one point, I went through them and got the songs / albums I wanted on CD, so I don't think I'll lose any sleep.   

On 5/23/2019 at 5:28 PM, anatess2 said:

On 5/23/2019 at 7:44 PM, Godless said:

He's not wrong.

Not heavy metal, but I was reminded of this: