Help! Clearing my own bias

Here is a story given by Elder Maxell who had the privilege of serving with President Lee and a result of one of their visits to call a new stake president:

I was once privileged to be with Elder Harold B. Lee late on a Saturday night. He was selecting a new patriarch for a stake. As I sat with him in a nearly deserted stake center, I watched him interview a man and his wife and then issue the call. The man began to sob and the wife urged her husband by saying, "Tell him; tell President Lee.'' And the husband, when he could regain his composure, said, "Brother Lee, the Lord told me two weeks ago this would happen." Elder Lee turned to me and said, "You see, Neal, why we must operate by the spirit of revelation.'' Hence, whatever our several callings, revelation is essential to help us discern the way. For instance, inspired and discerning patriarchs are guided by the Holy Ghost to bless members with personalized, not routine blessings. (emphasis mine)

Edited by Anddenex