How do you pray for a long time without being repetitive

Guest LiterateParakeet
13 hours ago, brotherofJared said:

Yes. but that was a two-way conversation. We don't often get a chance to debate with God.

Sometimes our conversations with God can be two-way, though. 

On 5/28/2019 at 9:51 PM, Alemmedial said:

I read in the bom profets who cried unto the Lord all day and all night, but how did they do it without being repetitive?

Pray to a certain extent by its nature is repetitive. Think about why you pray. God knows all of our wants and desires, he knows whats in our hearts. He knows that we want our food to be blessed, that we want grandma to get better, that we want good things for our children. Why then do we ask for the same things over and over?

Vain repetition has been discussed and I think we can all agree that this is something to avoid. So OP why do you pray at all?

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2020 at 8:11 AM, omegaseamaster75 said:

Pray to a certain extent by its nature is repetitive. Think about why you pray. God knows all of our wants and desires, he knows whats in our hearts. He knows that we want our food to be blessed, that we want grandma to get better, that we want good things for our children. Why then do we ask for the same things over and over?

Vain repetition has been discussed and I think we can all agree that this is something to avoid. So OP why do you pray at all?

I think that is a good question. So while I'm still thinking about it, for me, there are several reasons why I pray. To feel close to heavenly father for one. Also to thank him for all he's done for me since i last prayed.  Also to repent. I think this is a great question though, and ill still be thinking about it.