Church Clothing - Ethics & Sustainability

KScience

Guest MormonGator
29 minutes ago, Fether said:

Ah crap... I’m already at the bottom of the woke chain, being a Straight white Christian republican carnivore pro-gun pro-life male...add polyester wearing to that list and what do I have left?

All this time I thought you voted for Hillary. Sorry. 

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Midwest LDS said:

Now Now MG, there is no judgement here. We all know you are a strong member of the Green Party and have a tattoo of Jill Stein across your back.

It's actually of Ralph Nader. 

I can't believe I read this whole thread -- your going to wear some kind of underwear no doubt, and if you are endowed in the Temple you'll be wearing garments.

I find this whole thread to be a silly exercise in the hypocrisy of environmentalism.

8 hours ago, Fether said:

Ah crap... I’m already at the bottom of the woke chain, being a Straight white Christian republican carnivore pro-gun pro-life male...add polyester wearing to that list and what do I have left?

me too....except for the male bit, although I am not particularly a girlie girl....I would start an awareness campaign but I think me too might have been taken

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

How so?

Most environmentalism falls into 2 categories:

1. The transfer of wealth - cap and trade, rich countries cutting emissions while poor countries escalate theirs.

2.) People telling others how to live  - celebrities and politicians flying personal jets and driving SUVs telling others how we're ruining the environment.

Then there is the fact that "environmentalists" always look for the worst possible scenario - they were preaching ZPG (Zero Population Growth) in the 70's saying the world would run out of resources by the year 2000. Al Gore claimed we only had 10 years left - over 20 years ago, Peak Oil was preached, we supposedly only had 10 years worth of oil left - that was over 20 years ago.

Should we be good stewards of the resources God has given us? Yes

Will mankind destroy the planet? not if you really believe there is a God.

34 minutes ago, mnn2501 said:

Most environmentalism falls into 2 categories:

1. The transfer of wealth - cap and trade, rich countries cutting emissions while poor countries escalate theirs.

2.) People telling others how to live  - celebrities and politicians flying personal jets and driving SUVs telling others how we're ruining the environment.

Then there is the fact that "environmentalists" always look for the worst possible scenario - they were preaching ZPG (Zero Population Growth) in the 70's saying the world would run out of resources by the year 2000. Al Gore claimed we only had 10 years left - over 20 years ago, Peak Oil was preached, we supposedly only had 10 years worth of oil left - that was over 20 years ago.

So, you think that people posting on 3H are "environmentalists" with the scare quotes?

Should we be good stewards of the resources God has given us? Yes

Glad you agree.  So... we want to find alternatives to pollutants in effluents in the textile industry so we can be good stewards... but then you call that hypocrisy.

Will mankind destroy the planet? not if you really believe there is a God.

Will mankind destroy the planet?  Yes.  If God lets them.

But just because God's will always gets done doesn't mean we're exempt from living responsibly.

Your problem, in my opinion, is you can't separate the politics out of the environmentalism.  Whether the political rhetoric is on the left or on the right it is the same - it does not belong in our efforts to be good stewards by the simple act of choosing the clothes in our closet.  Nobody here is forcing you or telling you or virtue signalling you to go through your closet.

Edited by anatess2

There are also "economies of scale" it is much more efficient and inexpensive to create something in one central location and in a variety of places, that includes using clean technology.

You actually think God will let mankind destroy his creation - we must believe in different Gods then.