UFO's

Traveler

I have stated in the past that a long time ago in my younger years that I worked for the defense department.  I was part of the team that retrofitted the B52 with air launched cruise missiles.   During testing we lost 4 cruise missiles.  This happened in excess of 30 years ago.  I have it on good authority that the US government in its brief history of building unmanned flying crafts, that at least 5,000 unmanned aircraft have been lost.  Most are lost during what we call the experimental stage.   Another big chunk are lost during what can best be described as "covert operations".  In addition to unmanned aircraft there are also manned aircraft that the government keeps classified.  

I have some experience with what is called Area 51 in New Mexico.  It is not unusual for our government to "cover up" both successes and failures of various classified defense projects.  It is also not unheard of that two classified projects are "tested" in conjunction to each other with neither of the project teams knowing anything about the other.  I am also convinced that the USA is not the only country in the world involved in such projects or that there are never games of "cat and mouse" played out between various countries and other competing entities and their classified projects.

Do I believe in UFO's?  This is a difficult question to answer without misleading some in some way.  UFO means unidentified flying object.  I believe there are flying objects that are unidentified - sort of.  Some observers obviously cannot identify the objects - but that does not mean that no one can identify such objects - even if asked directly to do so.  I know for a fact that there are flying objects that are not identified to the general public.  I am also aware that the government does not declassify any information that can in anyway jeopardize anything of significant importance - past, present or future.   So yes - I do believe in UFO's.  I also believe that the idea that the government is covering up extra terrestrial connection to UFO's is not something the government wants to end - I wonder if such ideas may even be purposely perpetrated by those intended to cover up and misdirect from what really happened or is going on.  That the US government is declassifying UFO stuff - is not going to change what the public actually knows about much of anything going on.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

9 hours ago, Traveler said:

I have some experience with what is called Area 51 in New Mexico. 

I was unaware that New Mexico also had its own Area 51, apart from the Nevada area 51. White sands area?
Spent part of my childhood at Beale AFB, home of the SR-71 and U2. Fun times to be out at school recess and have the SR flying overhead all the time. Felt like a UFO, well sort of.

11 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

I was unaware that New Mexico also had its own Area 51, apart from the Nevada area 51. White sands area?
Spent part of my childhood at Beale AFB, home of the SR-71 and U2. Fun times to be out at school recess and have the SR flying overhead all the time. Felt like a UFO, well sort of.

Corrected - Roswell.

22 hours ago, Traveler said:

I have some experience with what is called Area 51 in New Mexico. 
---
Corrected - Roswell.

I have an Area 51 in Nevada story!   25 or so years ago, there was a small geological feature on BLM land that folks could drive to, which looked down onto part of the base at Area 51.   I and some buddies took several cars to Vegas, and a side trip to Area 51.  Some local rabblerouser named "psychospy" was arranging outings to that promontory point, when he wasn't behind bars for trespassing or whatever.  

It was dark by the time we got there, and I did indeed see moving lights in the sky.  Pretty sure they were airplanes, although they had no blinking lights that we could see.

The fun conclusion to the story had us getting lost in the Nevada desert at 2am, and one of our cars almost ran out of gas.  It's a fun conclusion, because the folks in each car remember something different about that night.  Folks in one car remember us stopping and backtracking to the last town with gas.  Folks in the other car remember us stopping, and deciding to forge ahead to the next town with gas.  You might be tempted to say that a bunch of folks in their early 20's driving around lost at 2am might just might be making simple mistakes of misremembering.  But I'm pretty sure it's conclusive proof that the Men In Black abducted us and aliens probed us and we had false memories implanted and all that.  

Guest Mores
2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

But I'm pretty sure it's conclusive proof that the Men In Black abducted us and aliens probed us and we had false memories implanted and all that.  

See that, Scully?  Proof positive.  Oh, don't try to deny it.  You know what this means.

It's Miller time.

My New Mexico experience.  In the late 80's I was working for Boeing space and military division.  I had been working on electronic countermeasures that were tested in New Mexico.   Our main goal was to make something invisible to radar (Pres Carter cancelled our project two weeks following the tests).  But as part of our test we were operating against the most sophisticated radar (at the time).  After the tests I was spending time with a radar operator to compare notes and results - we also shared some "war stories".  So since I was not directly involved and the information is 2nd hand and public - I am not leaking any secrets.  

It seems that my radar friend received a call from a F15 pilot that had picked up a UFO flying into protected air space on his radar and was calling for conformation.   The base radar picked up the UFO flying at mach 10.  Nothing can fly in the lower atmosphere at that speed without creating a sonic boom (among things) that will cause damage - so this object was at high altitude.  The UFO was confirmed and F15 pilot obtained a visual of a triangle object and proceeded with protocol and threats to fire a high altitude missile unless the object identified itself or altered trajectory.   Prior to firing the missile the pilot was notified by a general giving a stand down order and to change radio to a secure channel.  My radar friend did not hear any more but observed that the F15 dropped below his radar and disappeared (never returned to his home base and 3 months his family was transferred from the base.  

I commented that the only thing we had with that kind of speed was the space shuttle on re-entry.  He swore we had something else.    Many years later I was reading form Jane's publications of military aircraft and came across something called the Aurora.  It has been almost 40 years since I talked to the radar guy and 20 years since I first read of the Aurora which is still classified.  It is not flown by little green guys.  BTW - I have written a syfi novel based around this event and others titled "Enigma".  But I am a crappy writer and lack human stuff well enough to develop interesting characters necessary for such things.

The Traveler

14 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

Link?
I tried Googling the book, kept getting UFO sci-fi romance novel suggestions?

I have the manuscript - the book has never been published.  It has been read by a number of editors that all say the same thing - I need to learn how to develop characters that readers can relate to.  After several years I have determined that if such things are ever to be published I will need to consult with someone so skilled as a co-author.  I have published several tech manuals and thought writing a novel is not so different - but technical manuals have no characters.  Sorry to have misled you.  

Since you are interested, the novel is about a first contact via a probe that has been sent to earth.  The symbolism of the novel revolves around debates concerning the existence of a G-d and a possible civilization and intelligence far advance from our own (heaven).  Why a superior intelligent civilization may be interested in earth and what social impact such an event would have on the human society.

The Traveler