Real Estate Open House on a Sunday

person0

My wife and I are finally ready to sell our previous house.  Our realtor is wanting to have an open house on Sunday.  While Sunday's are the most common and most popular for open house showings, my initial thought would be to ask her to not have any showings on Sunday as it is the Sabbath.  Any thoughts?

Guest Mores
1 hour ago, person0 said:

My wife and I are finally ready to sell our previous house.  Our realtor is wanting to have an open house on Sunday.  While Sunday's are the most common and most popular for open house showings, my initial thought would be to ask her to not have any showings on Sunday as it is the Sabbath.  Any thoughts?

If she's alright with it, I'd be alright with it.

The way I see it, she's got he day of rest for the week during the weekdays when hardly anyone sees homes.  This is no different than accommodating a Jew whose sabbath is on Saturdays or a Muslim whose (closest analogy) sabbath is Friday.

I don't see much of a difference when a person's work is of a type that they are more likely to get a day off during a weekday than a weekend.  As long as she has the freedom to decide that for herself, I don't see a problem.

Guest Scott

It depends on where you plan on going.

Exhaltation in the Celestial Kingdom =  Don't do it on Sunday.

Administering Angel in the Celestial Kingdom = Do it, but repent later.

Terrestial Kingdom = Do it since that's the way of the world and you can't control that.

Telestial Kingdom = Set your house on fire for the insurance money.  

Interesting question.  

I must be completely heathen because I wouldn't blink about doing an open house on Sunday.  In today's housing market, you can probably get away with not showing it on Sunday.  If it bothers you then don't do it.  

I would tho..

18 hours ago, person0 said:

I wouldn't do it either.

21 hours ago, person0 said:

This is an individual call, made with consulting the Lord.

Personally I'd be totally ok with it, but I completely respect that others would feel otherwise.

22 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

This is an individual call, made with consulting the Lord.

Personally I'd be totally ok with it, but I completely respect that others would feel otherwise.

Although I have a very different conclusion - I am 100% behind the process and attitude.   :clap:

The Traveler