Reminds me of "Remember the Titans"

Guest Mores

Guest Mores

I came across a story about a Muslim soccer champ that inspired a decrease in hate crimes.

https://osf.io/preprints/socarxiv/eq8ca/

Basically, after Mohamed Salah (a 27 y.o. Egyptian) joined the Liverpool soccer team, dramatic drops in hate crimes and general negative feelings against Muslims were noted.  Negative tweets went down.  Police incidents went down.

I can certainly see that following the pattern shown in Disney's movie Remember the Titans.  Now, the actual storyline from the movie was not real.  As you can imagine, it was an amalgamation of many events throughout the team's and coaches' notable careers (with a few Hollywood trappings added in).  But the idea that when you get people who are otherwise on differing parties and prone to be aloof or even hate each other, sports have a way of bringing people together.

I think it is sad that certain people (I won't mention names) take it upon themselves to take that away from us and try to use it to promote political agendas.