The Day We Found a Dead Man on My Mission

I was on a small island in the Central Pacific. My companion Elder Mattison and I woke up one clear, sunny morning with plans to perform a service project for a ward member in conjunction with members of the Elders Quorum. We hopped on our bikes and set out to round up some of the brethren to let them know it was time to start. Our first stop was Beeria, an older, single member who looked like an islander version of Robin Williams. As we approached his house, nothing could have prepared me for what happened next. Beeria's House The backside of Beeria's house. Beeria's house was more like a medieval fortress than the traditionally wide-open stick huts which you commonly find on the islands. It was unlike anything I ever saw during my two years there. A huge stone wall, painstakingly built from oceanside rocks he had chiseled off and gathered with his bare hands, encircled much of the enclosure. We stopped our bikes and called out to him from the path,...

View the full article

I love this article.  Intriguing, artistically styled, and made me click on the View the full article out of high curiosity and was pleased to read the very personal story with a simple, but profound message with a touch of reverence in its teaching.

This is what 3H Articles should be.  Looking forward to more stories from Elder Erik Parry.

Guest Mores

As missionaries, we went by the home of an elderly lady that we considered a long term project.  It was apparently perfect timing.  We got there when an ?ambulance? was present and they brought her body out on a gurney.

Fascinating tale.

Edited by Mores