Dating FAQ

Aticia Manamike
  •  

Hie every am from Zimbabwe and am new to this post site but l hope that l get some really inspiring information and advice

Am a member of the lds church turning 18 a recent young adult.l've no valuable experience in steady dating or casual dating either 

issue is l know that when ure in a position to consider steady dating and you want to end up in the temple dating a faithful worthy member is top priority yet l have this guy whose really serious and l like him and he loves me but he is not a member 

l told him about my concerns towards temple marriage and after some time of consideration says he can be that guy..worse off am preparing to serve a mission as lve received confirmation that l can serve a full time mission in my patriarch and my plan is in less than 2 years time and lve told him about this and he said it would be hard but he would wait for me

his promises are leaned toward joining the church and lve told him also about joining for the right reasons and it seems lyk he is working on it but complicated as he lives with his parents who are indifferent towards my faith..He attended services only once

should l go for it??even though l know that l have about 1yr 10months left to serve ...even though l know that he might never join the church and this might deprive me of temple blessings 

We once dated for abt 2 months and l broke it off due to this same reason..and now he wants to come back..lve been praying about it but l feel as though l haven't received an answer yet

16 hours ago, Aticia Manamike said:

lve been praying about it but l feel as though l haven't received an answer yet

You seem to be very spiritually mature and have confidence you will make the decision God is happy with.

You may not have gotten an answer because the Prophets have already given direction on this.

”this warning comes with great emphasis. Do not take the chance of dating nonmembers, or members who are untrained and faithless. A girl may say, ‘Oh I do not intend to marry this person. It is just a “fun” date.’ But one cannot afford to take a chance on falling in love with someone who may never accept the gospel” (https://www.lds.org/study/manual/eternal-marriage-student-manual/dating-standards)

This one is a great Q&A to read: https://www.lds.org/study/new-era/2001/07/q-and-a-questions-and-answers

Don’t marry someone that isn’t a member. And don’t ever marry with the hope that they will one day be a member. Though that does happen some times, more often than not (at least in my experience) it’s the church member that ends up leaving the church and following their spouse.

Edited by Fether

On 6/8/2019 at 9:13 PM, Fether said:

You seem to be very spiritually mature and have confidence you will make the decision God is happy with.

You may not have gotten an answer because the Prophets have already given direction on this.

”this warning comes with great emphasis. Do not take the chance of dating nonmembers, or members who are untrained and faithless. A girl may say, ‘Oh I do not intend to marry this person. It is just a “fun” date.’ But one cannot afford to take a chance on falling in love with someone who may never accept the gospel” (https://www.lds.org/study/manual/eternal-marriage-student-manual/dating-standards)

This one is a great Q&A to read: https://www.lds.org/study/new-era/2001/07/q-and-a-questions-and-answers

Don’t marry someone that isn’t a member. And don’t ever marry with the hope that they will one day be a member. Though that does happen some times, more often than not (at least in my experience) it’s the church member that ends up leaving the church and following their spouse.

😭😭woww l think that lve read this before but never had this made so much impact in my life as it did today ...l think you're the answer...this ...thank you soo much