Sacrament passed in the Temple

NeedleinA

We just had a visiting General Authority speak to us. He mentioned something that I never thought about before, so I'm simply sharing this as an FYI interesting item.
He mentioned that as part of his assignment he spends most of his Sundays at Stake Conferences or other meetings which don't involve the Sacrament on a routine basis like other members.

He shared that the General Authorities will meet once a month at the Temple (he didn't specify which or if it alternates, so I would assume SLC) to have the Sacrament and share their testimonies. He mentioned how last time he was the one to pass the Sacrament (like a deacon) to Pres. Nelson.

Kind of neat tidbit of fun trivia. Enjoy.

Edited by NeedleinA

1 minute ago, Vort said:

Who was it?

@Vort = Elder Carl B. Cook - Presidency of the Seventy

In addition, Elder Dale G. Renlund - Apostle, spoke to us in a leadership meeting yesterday. Towards the end of the meeting, time was given for about 20 random (really random) questions from the attendees. Of the twenty questions, two were:

1. Why couldn't Adam and Eve have children in the Garden of Eden?
2. Unlike in the past, why don't we hear more about devils being cast out or them taking possession of bodies?

The Apostle smiled at both questions and quoted the following scripture in both answers he gave Alma 37:11

11 Now these mysteries are not yet fully made known unto me; therefore I shall forbear.

Guest Mores
16 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

The Apostle smiled at both questions and quoted the following scripture in both answers he gave Alma 37:11

11 Now these mysteries are not yet fully made known unto me; therefore I shall forbear.

Funny thing about this usage.  That verse immediately preceded Alma's speculation of what the answer to those "mysteries" were...   And it turns out he was right.

20 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

We just had a visiting General Authority speak to us. He mentioned something that I never thought about before, so I'm simply sharing this as an FYI interesting item.
He mentioned that as part of his assignment he spends most of his Sundays at Stake Conferences or other meetings which don't involve the Sacrament on a routine basis like other members.

He shared that the General Authorities will meet once a month at the Temple (he didn't specify which or if it alternates, so I would assume SLC) to have the Sacrament and share their testimonies. He mentioned how last time he was the one to pass the Sacrament (like a deacon) to Pres. Nelson.

Kind of neat tidbit of fun trivia. Enjoy.

It is my understanding that this is one purpose of the assembly room on the top floor of the SLC temple.  But that other temples have been used from time to time - example the Nauvoo Temple.  Those in attendance come in the attitude of fasting and prayer.  I understand that this occurs at least once a month and sometimes more often and that when there are items of revelation and counsel that need take place - the usual date is Thursday.

It is my personal speculation that from time to time there are saints and authority of other dispensations in attendance.

The Traveler