Missionary age soon to be 16yrs old!

NeedleinA

Elder Renlund spoke to a group of us recently and talked about all the changes that have happened in the Church over the past 18 months.
He mentioned that soon, the age for males wanting to serve a mission would be moving to 16yrs old. He stated the following two reasons for the change to 16:

1. 16 years old boys "think they know everything"
2. Their mothers would be happy to see them leave the house at that age.

This was a JOKE shared by the Apostle.

Edited by NeedleinA

I find the fastest way to get a 16-year-old to stop thinking they know everything is to not give them a drivers license.  There's nothing more deflating than telling your mother off then having to beg her to drive you to meet your friends at the theater in the minivan.

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

I find the fastest way to get a 16-year-old to stop thinking they know everything is to not give them a drivers license.  There's nothing more deflating than telling your mother off then having to beg her to drive you to meet your friends at the theater in the minivan.

The downside is, you have to drive the kid everywhere. Cure worse than disease?

• 2 months later...
On 6/12/2019 at 2:21 AM, Vort said:

The downside is, you have to drive the kid everywhere. Cure worse than disease?

You can't start learning to drive until 17 here in UK...... cycling, walking or bus for my son ...YES I was a mean mum (actually busy working single mum and with the price of petrol we only used the car when absolutely necessary)