Summer showed up!

mikbone

I can’t handle humidity.  It’s crazy hot here in Northern CA but the AC works.

My son is about to start his second year in Cambodia.  Every time I look at weather there the high is over 90 & the humidity is between 80 - 1000%.

Feels like - Hades

Guest Mores
1 hour ago, mikbone said:

I can’t handle humidity.  It’s crazy hot here in Northern CA but the AC works.

My son is about to start his second year in Cambodia.  Every time I look at weather there the high is over 90 & the humidity is between 80 - 1000%.

Feels like - Hades

AH Quit your whining.  You don't know hot and humid until you've lived in the South. @anatess2 and @MormonGator smell what I'm smokin'.

13 minutes ago, Mores said:

AH Quit your whining.  You don't know hot and humid until you've lived in the South. @anatess2 and @MormonGator smell what I'm smokin'.

Oh, I’m not complaining on this thread (although I commonly do in other threads).

I love the dry heat in Cali (one of the reasons why I’m here).  I grew up in Texas and spent 2 years in muggy Houston.  

My son in Phnom Penh has sent some terrifying photos of the worst heat and humidity I have ever seen.  Average yearly humidity there is 78%.

Guest Mores
9 hours ago, mikbone said:

My son in Phnom Penh has sent some terrifying photos of the worst heat and humidity I have ever seen.  Average yearly humidity there is 78%.

Beats Houston by 3% 

or as Maxwell Smart would say:

Missed it by that much.

9 hours ago, Plein Air said:

You need a bigger AC unit!

Pssst @Plein Air....

16 hours ago, anatess2 said:

My husband has been complaining that the AC in the car is not working from 10-6.  I told him, it's working, babe.  It's just summer in Florida.

5fd46bbeba94270920650cdf8306b256.jpg

9 hours ago, Plein Air said:

If you can't keep the inside of your home near 72 F all day and night all summer, whoever installed your AC system, did not use the right equipment and or you do not have the necessary insulation.  I have lived in places where 98 to 105 F and dripping humidity was the norm during the summer, but our AC was able to keep it 70-72 F inside all summer. My friend has a fairly new home where the contractor installed an anemic AC unit that was never be able to cool their home in the summer. It would run 24 hours a day and never catch up and would break down frequently. They burned up motors and other parts several times a year. He is now replacing it with a unit that will do the job but is going to cost him many thousands of dollars.

My house is set at 80 F as a compromise to my husband.  He wants 72, I want no AC at all - there's a reason I chose to live in Florida.  We settled with 80.  I wouldn't know if my AC system is good.  I only know that my heater is really good.  I can keep the house at 80 all throughout winter. 

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Pssst @Plein Air....

5fd46bbeba94270920650cdf8306b256.jpg

My house is set at 80 F as a compromise to my husband.  He wants 72, I want no AC at all - there's a reason I chose to live in Florida.  We settled with 80.  I wouldn't know if my AC system is good.  I only know that my heater is really good.  I can keep the house at 80 all throughout winter. 

So, basically you get to keep it at 80 year round?  

Where does the compromise come in?

40 minutes ago, mikbone said:

So, basically you get to keep it at 80 year round?  

Where does the compromise come in?

The compromise is - my husband gets to run the AC.  80 is 20-30 degrees lower than outside "feels like" temps in the summer.

We don't set the temps at 80 in winter because $$$.  But I can when I can't stand it anymore.  Usually there's a week in January that drives me bonkers.

Edited by anatess2

• 2 weeks later...