Democratic Presidential candidates

NeuroTypical

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Midwest LDS said:

Anybody stand out? I usually don't pay attention this early because 75% of them will drop out after the Iowa Caucus. 

Tulsi Gabbard, but she doesn't stand a chance. Her foreign policy is pretty good, her stance on social/economic issues is just bad, compared to the rest of the democrats, which are incredibly bad. 

Edited by MormonGator

Was Gabbard the young woman who kept making a point of her military service?  Yeah, I was ok with her.  And the one guy who admitted it is sort of important to detain lawbreakers at the border.  And the other guy who gave lip service to consensus building and bipartisan efforts.  This little conservative boy didn't vote for Trump, but I didn't see anyone I'd come within a mile of voting for.

I guess tonight is the 'real' debate, because Slo Joe vs. The Burn.   Also, I've heard a few words of begrudging respect for Buttigieg, now I get to actually take a gander at him.

Might as well get these out there now.  I assume he'll be the nominee, because nobody else has this many memes.

JoeBidenAvengers.JPG.5a9f5032e3a0f709e07bb5f6c27be0c4.JPG

JoeBidenWookie.thumb.JPG.88150f5ed1deaf31b96e4481f349e790.JPG

JoeBidenSW.thumb.JPG.b4255fc214eeb995221b568e76259d32.JPG

42 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Tulsi Gabbard, but she doesn't stand a chance. Her foreign policy is pretty good, her stance on social/economic issues is just bad, compared to the rest of the democrats, which are incredibly bad. 

I'll look her up out of curiosity. Unless the Democratic party drastically changes it's beliefs in a few key areas overnight I won't be voting for them, but I hope they nominate someone at least slightly moderate in case they win in 2020. Can you imagine a President Sanders? Excuse me while I go shudder in a corner.

2 minutes ago, Midwest LDS said:

I'll look her up out of curiosity. Unless the Democratic party drastically changes it's beliefs in a few key areas overnight I won't be voting for them, but I hope they nominate someone at least slightly moderate in case they win in 2020. Can you imagine a President Sanders? Excuse me while I go shudder in a corner.

Judging by yesterday's debates... there are no slightly moderate Democrats left.

Edited by anatess2

Guest Godless

I think Liz Warren will be the dark horse of this race. I desperately wanted her to run in 2016. While she definitely has a progressive slant, I think she's found a palatable middle ground between Comrade Bernie and Joe "walking PR nightmare" Biden. 

Guest MormonGator
31 minutes ago, Midwest LDS said:

Oh that picture of your new tattoo looks awesome by the way

downloadfile-2.jpg

Thank you I got it done yesterday. @NeuroTypical gave me the name of his artist. 

I mean, no! That's not mine! How dare you! 

58 minutes ago, Godless said:

I think Liz Warren will be the dark horse of this race. I desperately wanted her to run in 2016. While she definitely has a progressive slant, I think she's found a palatable middle ground between Comrade Bernie and Joe "walking PR nightmare" Biden. 

She had one job yesterday and she blew it.  She was wound up too tight and looked more like a nervous nelly always going for the feelz, which gets you nodding Alright, Alright!...  then going overboard with it so you end up cringing.  All she had to do was appear to be the sane person in the room.  Nobody was going to clobber her.  Beto was the guy with the money that everybody was going after.  This is the glory days of the internet - where video proof is one click away from most everybody.   The old way of going progressive in the primaries and then swinging back to the middle in the general doesn't work anymore when ordinary joes can just upload a video of you waxing poetic on the extremes at any time.

She whacked her "palatable middle ground" with a sledgehammer when she went overboard with abortion - not only did she vow completely unrestricted access to abortion (supported by only 17% of the entire American population), she went so far as to vow Legislation for unrestricted and government funded abortion.  She also joined in on the fracas about eliminating private health insurance (supported by only 12% of the population). 

You know who won yesterday's debates?  President Donald J. Trump.

1 hour ago, Godless said:

But only if she can find some way to leverage her Native American heritage.

Guest MormonGator
10 minutes ago, Vort said:

But only if she can find some way to leverage her Native American heritage.

She has zero blue collar appeal. In fact, her disdain for those people is somewhat obvious. https://deadline.com/2019/01/trump-zings-elizabeth-warren-and-husband-for-their-beer-drinking-cameos-1202534542/

A huge reason democrats lost in 2016 (both Trumpers and democrats can't comprehend this) was not because people loved Trump or hated Hillary. it was because the average voter feels neglected and ignored by the establishment. Say what you want, but Liz Warren is the epitome of the out of touch elitist. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator
5 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Also untrue.

I'm just playing bud. After all, I thank you Brony people for making Kiss fans look normal and well adjusted. 

Edited by MormonGator