please i need advice

Throwaway682

me and my girlfriend of 7 months were messing with eachother and calling eachother random names. i called her a cow without even thinking and immediately freaked out. she’s bulimic. i could tell she was hurt and it killed me. i shut down and tried telling her over and over again how i didn’t mean it but she just brushed it off. how do i convince her that i didn’t mean it? is my relationship ruined?

2 hours ago, Throwaway682 said:

me and my girlfriend of 7 months were messing with eachother and calling eachother random names. i called her a cow without even thinking and immediately freaked out. she’s bulimic. i could tell she was hurt and it killed me. i shut down and tried telling her over and over again how i didn’t mean it but she just brushed it off. how do i convince her that i didn’t mean it? is my relationship ruined?

My reaction these situations probably won’t help. In fact I deleted my whole post I was about to make cause it really wasn’t too helpful.

Here is shortened and less ... crude... summary of what I want to say.

If you are in high school or this is pre-mission, don’t worry about it. If you are looking for an eternal companion, look elsewhere.

Im sorry but there really is no point in stressing over any girl until you are married. 

To me, the real concern is not your relationship - it's her internalizing this AT ALL. So for every mean thing you've said, I suggest 20+ things to counter it (ie genuine compliments - spread out, not all in one day/week) and NEVER repeat this mistake with her or anyone else.

When words hurt a person, words won't heal it.  Actions will.  You'll have to show her how you feel, instead of just telling her.   I suggest figuring out what her Love Language is.  There's an app my wife and I just downloaded called Love Nudge.  It'll help both of you determine what makes each of you feel loved.  Once you understand that, the app can help with suggestions and reminders of things you can do to express your love.