Bloggernacle Rant

mikbone

57 minutes ago, estradling75 said:

The owner of that site explicitly stated from the get go in that thread that there was to be no speculation on the identity of the angel. What did Mikbone do (per his own words)??

I did not personally make any speculations...

All I did was quote Skousen and Callister.  These quotations were prompted by her own words.

“As far as I can determine, the first Latter-day Saint to explore the possible identity of the angel in Gethsemane is Bruce R. McConkie, in the final years of his life.”

And 

“So far as I have been able to find (and of course I’m willing to be corrected), no other general authority has endorsed Elder McConkie’s identification of the angel in Gethsemane as Michael, or Adam. This supposition has not been repeated in any other Church leader’s talks or writings, to the best of my knowledge and searching capacity.”  Ardis E Parshall

Now if you would like, I would be more than happy to share my own speculations...

Edited by mikbone

9 hours ago, mikbone said:

I did not personally make any speculations...

And I said you "Quoted" those who were speculating.  And then you Cited those you quoted when called on it. Thus you were second hand speculating on the thread the owner clearly asked for no speculations.

As a mod that often has to deal with people trying to "cleverly" get around the rules, If I was the moderator in that situation I would have busted you for that.  And I say that as a person that is supportive of our General Authorities having their own opinions and sharing them as they see fit.

Bottom line is I have no problem with the argument you are making... the problem is how you chose to make it.  You were not entitled nor privileged to make it in the way you did (which was against the explicit wishes of the site owner).  When you choose to do it anyways the owners response is wholly predicable and justifiable.

Please also note that the differences you are seeing (in this case) between this site and theirs is we have not asked anyone not to speculate.  You can speculate as to the nature of the angel all you want here.  And the only push back you are getting is from a poster with mod experience (not a poster acting as a moderator), who based on his experience thinks the action taken against you is not nearly as outrageous or unreasonable or biased as you are claiming that it is.