Third Hour forum get together

pam

9 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

They've been sort of random.  When I was driving through Utah I proposed one, Vort did something similar.  I think this one is so everyone can wish Pam well before she moves away.

Ironically, "moving away" means almost nothing for an internet-based discussion group. Big upheaval for @pam, but unless she's planning not to manage the TH forums any more, pretty much transparent for most of the rest of us. Except, of course, she won't come see me any more when I go to Utah. Guess I'll have to make some Texas visits.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone. It's always good to put actual faces to names. One of the funny things, I still call JAG and pam by their screen names instead of their real names. JAG just looks like a JAG. And pam, well, she looks very gingery...

So, here's beefche's stupid moment of her life. I booked my flight separate from my husband. When I booked my flight, I booked it to leave Aug 24. That meant I could attend the dinner. I enjoyed dinner, drove to my friend's house (where I was staying), got up the next morning. Took a nice walk along the mountains, showered, packed, left with my friend to return my rental car. On our way to the SLC airport, I tried to checkin on the app. But it said my flight was completed. Huh? I looked at my email confirmation and sure enough my flight was the 23rd! I completely missed my flight! I was dumbfounded as this is completely not like me. After talking to a very kind Delta customer service rep, she was able to get me a flight out this evening. It's the worst flight ever (leave at midnight get into Indy at 10 am), but she saved me $500+. 

Lesson learned: have my husband check our flights to verify date and time!!!!

1 hour ago, beefche said:

I really enjoyed meeting everyone. It's always good to put actual faces to names. One of the funny things, I still call JAG and pam by their screen names instead of their real names. JAG just looks like a JAG. And pam, well, she looks very gingery...

So, here's beefche's stupid moment of her life. I booked my flight separate from my husband. When I booked my flight, I booked it to leave Aug 24. That meant I could attend the dinner. I enjoyed dinner, drove to my friend's house (where I was staying), got up the next morning. Took a nice walk along the mountains, showered, packed, left with my friend to return my rental car. On our way to the SLC airport, I tried to checkin on the app. But it said my flight was completed. Huh? I looked at my email confirmation and sure enough my flight was the 23rd! I completely missed my flight! I was dumbfounded as this is completely not like me. After talking to a very kind Delta customer service rep, she was able to get me a flight out this evening. It's the worst flight ever (leave at midnight get into Indy at 10 am), but she saved me $500+. 

Lesson learned: have my husband check our flights to verify date and time!!!!

I’m glad you misread your itinerary. It was fun meeting you!

• 3 months later...

On the left starting in the front:

Estradling75

Estradling75's wife

Beefche

Anddenex

Anddenex's wife (hard to see but she is there)

Right starting in the front:

pam

Classylady's husband

Classylady

Just_A_Guy

The Folk Prophet

• pam unpinned this topic