Why no Michael Fife news?

Vort

Why can I find literally no recent news about the Michael Fife case, where an innocent man was murdered in Logan, Utah by the brother of a young woman who later filed a false police report claiming sexual assault? Video evidence disproved her false allegation.

Surely if this had been a woman who had been murdered, or a black man, or a homosexual, or an illegal immigrant beaten to death on false pretenses, we would have had multiple stories every day since the brutal occurrence. Anyone have a convincing explanation for the utter silence on this important news story?

Edited by Vort

I've learned there's a constant stream of police/court/jail/prison information out there, and the news only reports on what it wants.  And yes, of course, the news picks who comes to the front of the bus and who must sit in back unnoticed. 

But since such things are a matter of public record, you are certainly free to delve and report.  Citizen journalist and all that.

5 hours ago, Vort said:

Why can I find literally no recent news about the Michael Fife case, where an innocent man was murdered in Logan, Utah by the brother of a young woman who later filed a false police report claiming sexual assault? Video evidence disproved her false allegation.

Surely if this had been a woman who had been murdered, or a black man, or a homosexual, or an illegal immigrant beaten to death on false pretenses, we would have had multiple stories every day since the brutal occurrence. Anyone have a convincing explanation for the utter silence on this important news story?

Perps were juveniles.  It’s not impossible for media to get info out of the juvie court, but it takes a certain degree of motivation that probably doesn’t exist here for political reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 8:50 PM, NeuroTypical said:

I've learned there's a constant stream of police/court/jail/prison information out there, and the news only reports on what it wants.  And yes, of course, the news picks who comes to the front of the bus and who must sit in back unnoticed. 

I found this quite interesting interview on the subject of media bias...