Hi

JGarcia

My name is James Garcia I am originally from El Salvador but I moved to the USA when I was 9, so i'm kind of an American now. I am 24 and live in Texas. I have been a member of the church since I was 9 but I was inactive for a really long time. I returned to church again late last year. I have 1 full sister who is a missionary right now and I miss her a lot. I don't know what else to say but if you have any questions for me you can ask me .

5 hours ago, JGarcia said:

My name is James Garcia I am originally from El Salvador but I moved to the USA when I was 9, so i'm kind of an American now. I am 24 and live in Texas. I have been a member of the church since I was 9 but I was inactive for a really long time. I returned to church again late last year. I have 1 full sister who is a missionary right now and I miss her a lot. I don't know what else to say but if you have any questions for me you can ask me .

As a scientist and engineer also a 5th generation member and as we have all learned - currently a newly instituted member of the Elders quorum - I have lots of questions about a great many things.  I do not know if any would be for you.  Thanks for offering.

The Traveler

6 hours ago, Traveler said:

As a scientist and engineer also a 5th generation member and as we have all learned - currently a newly instituted member of the Elders quorum - I have lots of questions about a great many things.  I do not know if any would be for you.  Thanks for offering.

The Traveler

Wow so boastful. I meant any question about me or some friendly question. I am not a scientist or engineer so I can't help you with those questions unfortunately. 

@JGarcia & @Just_A_Guy  - Engineer seldom get social interactions right.  If there is a non-social discussion - about almost anything connected to reality - I am interested. BTW brother Garcia - Your path back and what you have learned could be a topic.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

Welcome, jgarcia!  What part of El Salvador?  My brother-in-law served in San Salvador 20-some years ago.

28 minutes ago, Traveler said:

@JGarcia & @Just_A_Guy  - Engineer seldom get social interactions right.  If there is a non-social discussion - about almost anything connected to reality - I am interested. BTW brother Garcia - Your path back and what you have learned could be a topic.

The Traveler

I'm an engineer.  I'm party central in my neck of the woods.  Social interactions to the max.  :)  But then... I'm Filipino.  It's state law.  :bananajam:

47 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Welcome, jgarcia!  What part of El Salvador?  My brother-in-law served in San Salvador 20-some years ago.

I lived in Santa Ana until I was 9.  My mom married a US citizen so we moved to Utah first and then to Texas. 

Edited by JGarcia

19 hours ago, JGarcia said:

Do you mind me asking where in Texas you live?  I'm getting ready to move there.

4 minutes ago, pam said:

Sweet.  I'm moving to San Antonio.

Ohhh... San Antonio is awesome.  It's one of my favorite downtowns.  I don't go there as often as I want to but I can't imagine ever getting tired of walking downtown San Antonio.  But man, that's a big change from San Diego!

Edited by anatess2

2 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Ohhh... San Antonio is awesome.  It's one of my favorite downtowns.  I don't go there as often as I want to but I can't imagine ever getting tired of walking downtown San Antonio.  But man, that's a big change from San Diego!

How is it a big change from San Diego?  San Antonio is the 7th largest city and San Diego is the 8th.

10 minutes ago, pam said:

Remember I've lived in Utah for the last 24 years so even the River Walk will be ideal.  And the beach is only a couple of hours away.

Oh, one thing that won't change... you won't have an NFL team.  :D

Although... word on the street is San Antonio is getting one soon.

Edited by anatess2

2 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Doesn't matter.  I've lived in Utah without one but will always be a  Chargers fan.  

3 hours ago, anatess2 said:

My mom raised me to be a soccer fan and I can't stand the NFL 

1 minute ago, JGarcia said:

I don't love Utah 😂but my mom and step dad and my half siblings live there, and my sister is going to BYU when she returns from her mission so all my family will be there. 

I've never loved Utah myself.  Stayed because of my parents but they are both gone now so nothing keeping me here.  And 2 of my kids are moving to Texas as well.  I need to get out of snow and just need a change.

33 minutes ago, pam said:

I've never loved Utah myself.  Stayed because of my parents but they are both gone now so nothing keeping me here.  And 2 of my kids are moving to Texas as well.  I need to get out of snow and just need a change.

I think as I have gotten older I feel it is more important to live near family :)