Plein Air

12 minutes ago, Plein Air said:

“One in four women will have an abortion by the time she is 45 years old, and in almost all cases there is a male partner,”

I wanted to giggle at the obvious falsehood, but then it dawned on me that it's probably not a falsehood.  There are probably women out there who go through the effort to get impregnated through artificial means, and then change their minds and abort the child.  

And here I was, having a good Sunday, only to get smacked in the head with this news.  Well, it's important to deal with the truth.

No one should be surprised that when one sells their eternal birthright for a worldly mess of pottage (like Esau) that from the perspective of worldly pottage measuring they come out ahead.

However like Esau it is only a matter of time (perhaps not this mortal life) before they realize how bad a deal that really was.

Edited by estradling75

Guest Mores

Wording means something.  It all comes down to the following:

17 hours ago, Plein Air said:

...financial status of adolescent males who reported a live birth and resided with their children and males who reported an abortion to be comparable—and better than men who reported a live birth but were not residing with their offspring.

Does anyone see where the data can be contaminated here?  Where are the control groups for external variables?

Here's the true comparison that needs to be made and researched:  Adoption vs. Abortion.

If you look at those who have a live birth but don't live with their offspring, we bring into the data pool a bunch of dead beat dads.  Don't you think that would contaminate the pool?

In other words, this study is a distraction from the real debate.  It doesn't tell us anything we don't already know.  And it doesn't change anything regarding the adoption vs abortion debate.

BREAKING!:

MEN IN SECRET COMBINATIONS WHO GET AWAY WITH MURDER GAIN LONG-TERM ECONOMIC BENEFITS, FIRST OF ITS KIND STUDY SAYS!

(related: men who get away with legal fraud and theft benefit financially as well)

16 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

BREAKING!:

MEN IN SECRET COMBINATIONS WHO GET AWAY WITH MURDER GAIN LONG-TERM ECONOMIC BENEFITS, FIRST OF ITS KIND STUDY SAYS!

(related: men who get away with legal fraud and theft benefit financially as well)

Obviously these are all U of U studies.  But besides all this, they do have a very good medical department.

The Traveler

50 minutes ago, Mores said:

In other words, this study is a distraction from the real debate.  It doesn't tell us anything we don't already know.  And it doesn't change anything regarding the adoption vs abortion debate.

This study is a conclusion in search of data.  The conclusion is - abortion is good for you.

1 hour ago, mordorbund said:

Do these results also apply to older fathers and post-natal abortions? I have a few clumps of cells running around my yard very interested in your answer.

Well, it all depends on what state you are in and what you call those clumps of cells. If they are termed a "fetus" for example, and you live in new york then there is no problem at all.

(we all feel that way at times with regards to our little clumps of cells...mine were a terror in Sacrament meeting yesterday) :)

Guest Scott

OK, that's weird (the study).   This might be the most Captain Obvious study I have seen.

It really doesn't even have to include abortion.

Isn't it obvious that people in their teens will have more money if they didn't have children, even if they didn't have an abortion?

Heck, even if you are in your 40's, this is still true.

"One in four women will have an abortion by the time she is 45 years old, and in almost all cases there is a male partner,” 

"Almost all cases"?

Edited by Scott

11 hours ago, Scott said:

"One in four women will have an abortion by the time she is 45 years old, and in almost all cases there is a male partner,” 

"Almost all cases"?

What this is saying is that in almost all cases of a woman seeking abortion, they were not abandoned by their boyfriends/husbands or they gained a boyfriend/husband while pregnant.

Men encourage women to seek abortion to get out of child support obligations.  Change my mind.

Guest Scott
8 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Men encourage women to seek abortion to get out of child support obligations.  Change my mind.

Of course, but isn't this obvious without a study?